Sign in to follow this  
RexTC

Bringing Children to the Shows

My kids love her music and I was thinking of taking them to see her in Atlanta on November 17. Has anyone taken their kids to a show? One of the reasons I didn't take them when she was here in Atlanta earlier was that it was an over 21 show. I know some of her lyrics might not be for kids but overall I think they would have a good time. Thanks!

My kids love her music and I was thinking of taking them to see her in Atlanta on November 17. Has anyone taken their kids to a show? One of the reasons I didn't take them when she was here in Atlanta earlier was that it was an over 21 show. I know some of her lyrics might not be for kids but overall I think they would have a good time. Thanks!

Don't miss an opportunity to bond with the kids. They aren't going to hear anything there that they haven't heard before. Besides if they're in to her music as you say then they've already heard the words from Regina's mouth!

i was wondering about that too...it sucks that the only show withing reasonable driving distance from me was in Atlanta, and an over 21 show...

i love regina's music...i am a single parent, with a full time job, support my self and my child, but i am 18, i think there should have been some kind of allowance...i wish.....

hey, i'm 11

i love the dresden dolls

(which swears)

and regina and amanda swear in both sarchastic and funny ways

i say bring us!

pre teens have a right to listen to vulgar music so we can grow up and do the same

i'm not being sarchastic...

I have taken my kids to see Regina twice. It was a great experience both times. Yes, they hear some cursing, and some lyrics about sex and drugs. But they hear plenty at school. And in this case, if they have questions, they can ask me.

I think Regina is a great role model for girls---she is creative, hardworking, dedicated. She has said many times in interviews that she doesn't believe in partying hard because it interferes with her ability to work at her best. She is an independent thinker who does things her way. She is not materialistic, she doesn't own a TV, and she always seems to request smoke-free concerts. She spent a large part of her childhood practicing piano for hours and hours, and she is now glad she did that. She has said in interviews that her idea of fun is to read and go to museums. What more can a parent ask?

My kids know that Regina's songs are like short stories, not autobiographical.

So, I say, go for it!

How old are your kids? (One of mine had just turned 12 when we first saw her.)