Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Regina on XM Commercial

i just saw/ heard the add i couldn't believe

i'm happy yet sad at the same time

i'm happy for her success she deserves it but i feel like i'll never get to see her in an intimate live show ever again

I saw this the other day, and I got so excited, but the thing that sucks is that I have xm, and they rarely play Regina. There was a special called Mix Bag Radio that was on the other day, and Regina was the guest. She played a few songs, and there was an interview, but that's the only time I've heard Regina on XM.

What the hell is XM Radio? Is this an American thing? Is this satellite radio? I suppose I could just google it or something, but I'd prefer to expose my ignorance and revel in the fact that I have perhaps succeeding in avoiding a major artery of pop culture...

~Fran

quote:
Originally posted by Fran:

What the hell is XM Radio? Is this an American thing? Is this satellite radio? I suppose I could just google it or something, but I'd prefer to expose my ignorance and revel in the fact that I have perhaps succeeding in avoiding a major artery of pop culture...

~Fran

Your reveling is over because for someone that doesn't know what it is you pretty much hit it on the head. It is one of the two satellite radio companies available in the US. I have the other one - Sirius. If you want to call eclectic programming with commercial free CD quality music pop culture than so be it. But it's an industry in it's infancy right now so I'd hardly call it a major artery. FM radio programming is crap here so for me this is a welcome addition. You could literally drive across the country and never change or lose the station.

P.S. I just saw the pictures of your shirt and I like it a lot. Nice job!

quote:
Originally posted by a_secret_chord:

yeh dont worry about it, america sucks

At first I wasn't going to respond to this sophomoric statement. But I will say that satellite radio brings us the BBC and if this is such a sucky place why does Regina live here? Think before you make such generalized comments. It is offensive.