Sign in to follow this  
luvthecanadian

MMMmmmMiso Soup (it's vegeterian)

Now, has anyone here ever had Miso Soup?

It's so DELICIOUS!

It's very Japanese, so there's seaweed and tofu chunks in it...and I'm REALLY not a tofu fan myself, but I just would die for Miso soup. It can even be made without the tofu in it if you're picky.

It's one of the best things to have if you're sick cause it's very easy on the stoumach, and it's also good for upset tummies if you're hungover.

Now as far as recepies go...

well, it'd be difficult for most of us to get this stuff...

Maybe a hippie food store or a specialty shop.

But I highly encourage to at least get the "Instant Miso Soups" in a package to try it first.

Yes! I just get little packets and throw stuff in. Sometimes I throw in fresh tofu. Sometimes I put water chestnuts in it.

Whenever I make it I have to go

Miso soup -uhn! Miso soup

Miso soup uhn! Miso soup

Miso soup uhn! Miso soup

Miso soup, me eat it long time!

(Ok I hope somebody knows where that's coming from)

MISO! SARDINES! TUNA! OH MY!

From Miso Soup on Wikipedia

"The most common dashi soup stocks for miso soup are made of niboshi (dried baby sardines) or kelp with katsuobushi (thin shavings of dried and smoked skipjack tuna). Sometimes, however, kelp or shiitake vegetarian dashi stocks are used. Outside of Japan, American or European style miso soup is sometimes made by dissolving miso in a western vegetable stock. The stock might include ingredients such as negi, carrot, potato and daikon radish."

If you have allergies (or a picky stomach), you have to be really careful when ordering Miso soup in a restaurant. There are so many ways of making it, and most include some sort of seafood. The varieties that I've had within a 1-block radius of my work are astounding.

There used to be a Japanese restaurant near my grandparents' house in North Carolina called the Yoshida that made great Miso soup, with huge chunks of mushroom in them and these little curls of onion and pepper that wouldn't even fit around your pinky finger. It was so delicious. And the spoons you use for Miso soup are awesome, too.

first course

Miso is about digestion. It helps to get the stomach ready and break down the food about to follow.

Best Miso, and all other Soy bean product is made not using aluminium pots. Best Miso also made using organic brown rice and "fermented bean curd"

Personally I don't like it too much. Must have been in the past life when I was japanese.

First time I ate with chopsticks was in a japanese restuarant and while everyone else had sushi I had hot beef stew with noodles and used those babies like I'd been using them from birth.

I eat to live so soup is a non starter. If I want water I drink it. But then again I always drink the water I boil my beans in...except for soybean water. That stuff far too powerfl.