Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyC

I miss my Grandma. The Internet helped.

There is this song that my Grandma used to sing to me as a child, and even up until a mere couple of years ago. As I grew up I became very familiar with the song but never knew where it came from. Shira recently reminded me of the song with her new Fedora, as the song is about a Fedora.

My Grandma passed away in 2005 and she was hands down, THE most wonderful human being on the planet! EVER. Her kindness and love for everyone and anyone was incredible. She was an excellent whistler (unreal how skilled she was) a trait which was passed on to my Dad. When she sang it was just pure fun and love. The song she would always sing to me is from a very, very old cartoon and that I had never seen in it's entirety. UNTIL NOW.

Very recently some lovely person uploaded it onto YouTube! It's quite old fashioned, especially for some of the younger people on here, but it's indescribable how great a thing it is when I hear it.

I then started imagining what it would sound like if Regina sang it. I think such a thing would just send me straight to heaven. REGINA, must play this song. Even if I never hear it, it's something that just has to happen. The stars are telling me it should happen. I can just picture her sitting at home relaxing, and playing it to herself... I wish I could play it to myself.

I felt like sharing it with everyone on here because it's something that many of you will never hear of otherwise. Enjoy the clip, and cherish the time you have with your family & friends.

Johnny Fedora & Alice Bluebonnet

There is this song that my Grandma used to sing to me as a child, and even up until a mere couple of years ago. As I grew up I became very familiar with the song but never knew where it came from. Shira recently reminded me of the song with her new Fedora, as the song is about a Fedora.

My Grandma passed away in 2005 and she was hands down, THE most wonderful human being on the planet! EVER. Her kindness and love for everyone and anyone was incredible. She was an excellent whistler (unreal how skilled she was) a trait which was passed on to my Dad. When she sang it was just pure fun and love. The song she would always sing to me is from a very, very old cartoon and that I had never seen in it's entirety. UNTIL NOW.

Very recently some lovely person uploaded it onto YouTube! It's quite old fashioned, especially for some of the younger people on here, but it's indescribable how great a thing it is when I hear it.

I then started imagining what it would sound like if Regina sang it. I think such a thing would just send me straight to heaven. REGINA, must play this song. Even if I never hear it, it's something that just has to happen. The stars are telling me it should happen. I can just picture her sitting at home relaxing, and playing it to herself... I wish I could play it to myself.

I felt like sharing it with everyone on here because it's something that many of you will never hear of otherwise. Enjoy the clip, and cherish the time you have with your family & friends.

Johnny Fedora & Alice Bluebonnet

Wow, that brings back memories. I remember that from when I was young. That is from an old Disney film I think. The name escapes me but I do know the woman singing are the Andrews Sisters.

It sounds like you had the consummate Grandmother. I can relate. I had a Great-grandmother who lived to be 96 and her personailty traits were very similiar. We are lucky to have known such wonderful and sage spirits.

Thanks for sharing!

And it's been stuck in my head since you sent me the link. *hums* Jhonny fedora and Alice bleubonnet..." I'm wearing my fedora.

I love that video. So cute. i miss my grandma too, my bubbe (Jewish side grandma) is.. well she's a character. My freind and I were arguing about who gossips more; boys or girls (teenage) and I just went "No. You know what, Bubbe gossips the most." And it's true. She gossips more than all the 5-8th graders at my school combined! And its a pretty big school considering its an elementary school (oh I'm so young) and in Welland (WHY!?)

Anywho, back on topic, cutest video of all time. And speaking of disney (Okay not really but sort of) they're really running out of ideas. I mean they're making a third Little Mirmaid, AND a third Cinderella! I'd say that Walt Disney is turning over in his grave... but uh... Walt Disney was Cryogenically frozen. Or so says my English teacher.

Alright, now I'm done with my extremely-close-to-being-off-topic-but-not-quite ramblings. I'm gonna go to Dunville now. Toodles.

*Ps. I think I spelt bluebonnet wrong there, I blame french school. I also blame french class for killing my brain cells and making my collar bone hurt. Now I'm going. Really!

Thank you very, very much for bringing this to my attention. Although I had never seen it before and so I can't say that it brought back memories about it in particular...it did however remind me of my own childhood and the songs that my mom used to sing to me all the time. These were the songs of Cri-Cri, most of them are in Spanish. It's moments and things like these that make you wish you were still a child...alas, that is impossible and so we must try to keep all those great memories and special family moments alive...Thank you JohnnyC

This one is called La Muneca Fea (The Ugly Doll)

http://download.yousendit.com/22DFA0507EEFE83B