Sign in to follow this  
fiona_squid

Our Regina art.

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

And De Kooning followed the same patterning, in fact he was a real proponent for abstract realism--probably my favorite style of painting but also in my opinion the hardest. I agree whole heartedly, you have to have training to do abstract because you have to know what to do with the space! I suppose that's where the real struggle is with abstract, you have to be trained enough to understand balance and color and shape but you have to be free enough to let your expression breathe and come alive. It's such a freakin' catch-22!

As for becoming a professional, yes that is my major goal in life. Not saying I think I could ever make a living from art solely, I have a job and everything, but in college I'm working to obtain a BFA in Studio Art (72 hours) and I don't even have a minor. I also plan on getting my masters a little later in life because I don't think I can learn all that I want to in college alone. What about yourself?

(ah, I'm so late with the reply, sorry about this)

My opinion about totally abstract art is that it has to be taken for what it is. It is actually free of interpretation, and what is really good is that it does not need ANY interpretation.

Being just a drawer among so many, what I really need is to find my style, but not therefore become self-satisfied on a line and a dot. LOL. Many artists tend to forget precision because they have a style, and that is really bad.

I like abstract, because it allows everything. but the problem it that it too often passes for laziness, like: oh, i can draw a line and a square too.

As far as my plans are concerned, i am a student in english and dutch literature and philology, presently preparing my thesis on an English author from the caribbean.

My job. I have no job currently, but my plan is to get one in order to pay some years in an art school and studying graphism.

My dream is to draw in informative books designed for children to understand the world better (health, disease, mythology, religion, war, death)...

i just drew my first regina picture yesterday, i got into drawing again recently lol anyways here it is (its the bth cover lol) :

reginaspektorart.jpg

I just photoshopped the img to look like the cover, but she isnt white shes yello lol

reginacover.jpg

thanks, i wasnt good at drawing when i just started out, just gotta practice, you should see the pic that i drew out of a magazine like 2 days before i drew the regina pic, it didnt even look like the person lol, plus it was easier to draw this cause it was in black and white

Very cool, Cutie! It has sort of a gothic illustration feel to it (not sure I can explain) but I dig it! Especially since you haven't drawn in awhile, very nice work Smiler

Man I'm not taking an art class at the moment and my fingers are starting to do that tingling thing that's like "I want to draaaaaw!" But my sketchbook is in the car and its too late to go out and get it. Ugh this is torture!

quote:

Man I'm not taking an art class at the moment and my fingers are starting to do that tingling thing that's like "I want to draaaaaw!" But my sketchbook is in the car and its too late to go out and get it. Ugh this is torture!

I definitely know the feeling !!!

And my mouth does the same thing when i'm in want for chocolate Big Grin

I just wanted to make it possible for you all to visit my little blog: Val's drawings

2190567354_7533ae0759.jpg?v=0

This is my grandfather's drawing not exactly mine, is that ok? If not i can take it down but i just wanted to share it with youse artists so....yeah.

PLUS, Val i love your drawings, very talentedSmiler

No way, leave it up!! That's awesome, your grandpa rocks!

Val: looked through all your sketches, wish I could understand what you were saying, but they're all great. You're a fantastic figure/portrait artist!