Sign in to follow this  
fiona_squid

Our Regina art.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by PoeticOddity:

DSCF2876.jpg

I finished this a few hours ago. I was a bit rushed because it was quickly becoming too cold to paint and I got some underspray because it was my first multi-layer stencil.

Thoughts?

Can I commission one?

If you're serious, contact me by e-mail. poeticoddity @ gmail.com

quote:
Originally posted by graph theory:

i like yours poeticoddity. great job for a first time multi-layer stencil! it's a very cool effect. you should stencil it on a t-shirt.

And......i dare you to spray paint it on the side of a building. Actually, make that a double-dog-dare.

Tempting though that is, a multi-layered stencil would take about an hour to do properly, and considering I live next door to a police station, that'd be a bad idea.

quote:
Originally posted by antixcutie:

wow thats soo good, i wish i had talent in art, i only can copy things w/ pencil, i figure it must be hard making it look like her w/ paint

Actually, with stencils it's pretty easy. Making the stencils is pretty laborious, but after that it's mostly just a bit time consuming.

Thank you, though.

Weeeell I said that once I got used to the Monotype process that I'd make a Reg one so here's my first attempt:

Reg1-1.jpg

Its not great by any means, but being my 4th attempt at a Monotype ever, I can't say I hate it (I don't have the heart to discourage myself). A problem I came across was that the image is flipped in a monotype and so Reg's face looks off...but at least I had the foresight to flip the words, right?

it, like much art, looks infinitely better when you squint at it [i'm comparing you to seurat; be happy]. i'd suggest making the cheek bones a little less defined. but great job for just starting! do you have a press? haha.. cause i've done monotypes by sandwiching it between cardboard and driving the car over it..cheap, yet surprisingly effective.

quote:
you to seurat; be happy]. i'd suggest making the cheek bones a little less defined. but great job for just starting! do you have a press? haha.. cause i've done monotypes by sandwiching it between cardboard and driving the

Yeah, I'm doing this at school so I've got a press to work with (though when I go home I intend to do the car method Wink). This time I tried making a stencil to work with, if I do another Reg monotype I'll probably just try drawing straight on to the plexi so I can use better variations and it won't look so...odd. That's the beauty of monotypes, you learn with everyone you make, unfortunately the hefty cost of Rives BFK (my preference) makes me feel nervous about every new thing I try. Guess I'll just have to work extra hours this summer to support my learning! Big Grin

049-1.jpg

I know it's not regina, but I was on a regina listening binge when I drew it. And there's some stuff from her songs in it, like the swallows from "Prisoners"

leaves that is so awesome! You can tell by the arrangement that it was done while listening to music. If I ever had the patience for it, I'd love to make a really intricate piece of art like that one, with lots of little things hiding around the big ones. I really like the way you only used three colours too. Nice work.