Sign in to follow this  
JrAndTheFog

Nicole Atkins

She played about 30 minutes and then sat down to sign. The line was way too long. I'll get my chance yet.

I'd guess there were about 200 people. Many more than she or Border's expected. Parking was a bear. Everything was sold out by the time I left. She seemed extremely shocked at the size of the crowd.

I'm uploading to YouTube right now, 3 clips, Maybe Tonight, Skywriters and Together We're Both Alone. Two full songs, Neptune City and a cover of the Mamas and the Papas classic Words of Love. Was the first time she's played it publiclly and I think it went pretty darn well.

I'll post links shortly and if anyone wants the full quality versions just let me know.

Note from Nicole. TV appearance tonight and tour announcement. She'll be close to some of you guys if you want to check her out:

Ahoy Folks!

I hope this email finds you well. The Sea camp and I wish you a happy, positive and fun 2008! We have some very exciting news to bring you in this new year so without further ado...

Tonight, Monday, Jan 7th we will appear on Late Night with Conan O'Brien!!!! We're gonna play "Maybe Tonight." We are thinking about wearing beards so we fit in on the show but who knows. Tune in then Tune out!

Thursday, Jan 10th, I'll be doing an interview as part of the Barnes & Noble "Artist to Artist" series at the B&N at Union Square. Artemis Fowl author Ioen Colfer and I will be interviewed about our creative process and then we'll talk to each other about how in the world we come up with this sh*t. haha! during this, the Dan's and I will play a couple of songs acoustic. It's a free event so come one come all!

Friday, Jan 25th, we are playing our very first major headlining show in NYC at our favorite haunt, The Bowery Ballroom! This will be a very special evening with specialness at every corner. Sharing the bill are our good friends, the Parlor Mob, and the man with one of my favorite voices, Craig Wedren of Shudder to Think! yay! Please get your tickets in advance.

Finally, for now anyway, we are going on tour cross the country this February and March! Check out the dates below to see when we'll be in your town! Can't wait!

Warm Regards,

Nicole Atkins

01/25/08 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom

02/14/08 Manasquan, NJ Algonquin Arts

02/15/08 Cambridge, MA T.T. The Bear's

02/16/08 Buffalo, NY Soundlab (Big Orbit's Soundlab)

02/17/08 Toronto, ONT Lee's Palace

02/19/08 Cleveland, OH Beachland Tavern

02/20/08 Ann Arbor, MI Blind Pig

02/21/08 Chicago, IL Subterranean

02/22/08 Milwaukee, WI Cactus Club

02/23/08 Madison, WI Café Montmartre

02/25/08 Minneapolis, MN 7th Street Entry

02/29/08 Portland, OR Doug Fir Lounge

03/01/08 Seattle, WA The Triple Door

03/03/08 San Francisco, CA The Independent

03/05/08 San Diego, CA The Casbah

03/06/08 West Hollywood, CA The Troubadour