Sign in to follow this  
ajk

Diamond Commercial

There is a tv commercial I have recently noticed that uses a Regina Spektor song. It is either for a jewelry store or diamonds in general. PLEASE HELP!!!!

My wife pointed out this commercial to me just last night thinking it was Regina. It is not Regina. It is Cat Power and it is a cover of the Cat Stevens song How Can I Tell You. There is some similarity vocally so I can understand why you and my wife thought otherwise. But if you really listen you'll know it's not Regina.

I love this commercial! ...probably the best one released on '06 (and one of the few good US television commercials released during the '06 holiday season). imo.When I first saw it, though, it didn't at all remind me of Regina Spektor...the voice had Chan Marshall all over it. And, I hope she records a full version of the song for her next covers record.

why would cat power agree to have her song in a diamond commercial???? why would she support that?? diamonds are dug up by miserable people in virtual slavery!! i'm glad it's not regina though! Big Grin

Funny, when my wife and I heard it the first time, we looked at each other, and she started to say, Reg.....? and I said it sounded more like Cat Power (aka Chan Marshall), but I had just bought The Greatest a couple of days earlier, so I had her in my head already. The greatest is an exceptional album, by the way. You should all check it out.