Sign in to follow this  
kimzie

it kinda makes me sad that its been two years since regina last posted...

btw, Imogen Heap posts some real (and wonderfully long-winded) blogs on her myspace page. It's one of the rewarding things about Immi -- that she seems to share her actual personality in a casual and rather endearing way with her fan base.

Regina seems that way too, up to a point, although I think Regina is a lot more complicated than she really lets on in interviews. I think we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg sometime, except in the music itself. Dontcha think? Cool

yea i know what you mean.... in some interviews she acts a little scatterbrained... and from her music you can tell she is completly profound, and deep! like here.. i dont know maybe she just had alot on her mind..but at the same time its cooky and i love it. because i also suffer from being extremely random, and the press also throw out questions about nothing and you have to just say something, anything quickly..

this interview i particularly hated, it reminds me of bjork (although i love bjork) it just seems like she is TRYING to say crazy things.

anyways...regina is very reserved, but its evident that she is complex.

I found this interview a little while ago.. It's over the phone for a magazine article. It's really long, and I really liked it.. She didn't seem random or anything. Just normal. Although I haven't listened to it in a bit..I don't know if anyone has posted it here..but.. It's one of my favorite interviews of her..

<a href="http://www.robbrink.com/2006/10/01/regina-spektor-interview-audio/">here</a>

i had never heard that interview before. thanks for posting that. made my day Big Grin

i love the way she explains how she feels about being compared to other artists.

" i mean i understand people's need to classify i mean, thats what like humanity is built on.. we'll like walk into like an absolutely new territory and look at a little flower and give it like a seven name latin title. You know, and the little flower's like WHAT THE FUCK?? im just a pink with blue spots little flower! and nobody else is like me!"