Sign in to follow this  
Tony Two Step

CAPITALIZE YOUR NAME

it's just a thing.... just a stylistic thing. regina spektor, NOT Regina Spektor. many artists, bands, names, companies, various things in advertising, do things like that.

it makes it cooler! i'm sure she doesnt write her checks like that, but her merchandise will have it!

when her name is just being used, like "Regina is preforming.." its capitalized normally, but when its her name stamped on something it is just all lowercase

what do you think she is implying?

It seems to me that she leaves her name uncapitalized as a sylistic choice: conventional capitalization tends to give words and names a subtle air of formality and standardness, something Regina tries to avoid in her music. Leaving her name uncapitalized gives it a more informal, even childlike, air, and will subconsciously seem more cutesy or friendly, less confrontational or strict, to readers. It also makes her seem less conventional and rule-bound; all of it ties, if only subconsciously, into the artistic package she's trying to present.

yeah... I know a lot people who prefer to not capitalize their name. My roommate never capitalizes her name... even her signature is a lower case e... and I will say that I think regina spektor looks a lot better then Regina Spektor. The capitalized version makes whoever that name belongs to seem uptight.