Sign in to follow this  
Raugust

Regigantic List of Song Recordings

This is an ambitious expansion on the Complete Spektography list: an attempt to list every single known recording of a song performed by Regina. It will serve to consolidate the entire fanbase's knowledge of what songs are available, and I expect it to eventually be transferred to Reginapolis, along with links to download as many of the unreleased songs as possible.

For now, though, we're in the basic information-gathering stage. Anyone and everyone can contribute: go to http://lyricwiki.org/User:Silence/Spektorsongs to see the current listing. While there, if you wish, you can hit the "edit" button to make any changes you wish to the list directly; simply make whatever changes or additions to the listing you wish.

Alternatively, feel equally free to post the song information here, and I'll update the list myself. The song information consists of the title, the recording date (format Y-MM-DD; e.g., 1-07-09 is July 9, 2001), the source (album/demo name for studio-made, location for live performances), the time (i.e., song length), and various notes (which, again, feel free to change or expand on).

The current list seems long (it's got over 500 songs at this point), but I know it is only a small fraction of the body of recordings that we all have, if we pool our knowledge. With your help, I'd love to get a more comprehensive listing ready, to clear up various misconceptions and misunderstandings about what recordings are and aren't known to exist.

This is an ambitious expansion on the Complete Spektography list: an attempt to list every single known recording of a song performed by Regina. It will serve to consolidate the entire fanbase's knowledge of what songs are available, and I expect it to eventually be transferred to Reginapolis, along with links to download as many of the unreleased songs as possible.

For now, though, we're in the basic information-gathering stage. Anyone and everyone can contribute: go to http://lyricwiki.org/User:Silence/Spektorsongs to see the current listing. While there, if you wish, you can hit the "edit" button to make any changes you wish to the list directly; simply make whatever changes or additions to the listing you wish.

Alternatively, feel equally free to post the song information here, and I'll update the list myself. The song information consists of the title, the recording date (format Y-MM-DD; e.g., 1-07-09 is July 9, 2001), the source (album/demo name for studio-made, location for live performances), the time (i.e., song length), and various notes (which, again, feel free to change or expand on).

The current list seems long (it's got over 500 songs at this point), but I know it is only a small fraction of the body of recordings that we all have, if we pool our knowledge. With your help, I'd love to get a more comprehensive listing ready, to clear up various misconceptions and misunderstandings about what recordings are and aren't known to exist.

Thanks for the suggestion! The problem is that if I add any more digits to the "year" column, I'll have to move every other column an extra tab over, which will waste considerable space and scroll more of the "notes" section off the page (and the "title" and "source" sections already need another tab or two, to fit all the necessary information in). All of these format problems will be fixed when we make the move to Reginapolis, but if you think it will make a big difference to add "200" to the start of every year section, I suppose I can give it a try. Tell me what you think of the result: http://lyricwiki.org/User:Silence/Spektorsongs

Anyway, anyone have any songs they'd like to add? Or sites where there are songs available that aren't yet listed?

I think a more practical approach would be to do something like this:

http://bliss.its-official.com/songdetail.php?songId=52

(Click on a date at the bottom of that page to see an example of a setlist page.)

If you would want to follow this kind of example, the pages can be altered to include links to recordings.

I just don't think a page with listing every recording available is the best way to go about this sort of thing. It could be divided more cohesively.

quote:
I think a more practical approach would be to do something like this:

http://bliss.its-official.com/songdetail.php?songId=52

But that site isn't user-edited. And it seems overly complicated and labyrinthine for a simple starting list. The only purpose of the Wiki is to allow anyone to contribute it to it freely in a simple and easy way, so we have all that fan input to start from when we move it to a more solid, aesthetically-pleasing site. The Wiki listing is just a provisional, temporary one until the list expansion has reached a plateau.

quote:
If you would want to follow this kind of example, the pages can be altered to include links to recordings.

I never planned to add links to recordings on the Wiki site. As I stated above, I planned to start adding multi-page formatting, and links to downloads and the like, after Reginapolis is up and running and we have some sort of system like the one eschbach set up at http://aaron.doomray.com/aaron/reginapolis/Songs.aspx

quote:
I just don't think a page with listing every recording available is the best way to go about this sort of thing. It could be divided more cohesively.

I only wanted to start it off this way to make it easy for people to glance over and expand on, for starters, because I expect there to be a huge number of recordings not on the list yet. Once the list's a little more comprehensive, and thus not in a constant state of flux from new additions (.. wishful thinking on my part?), it'll make more sense to settle it down on a more static, formal website.

Do you think that was a bad plan? I'll gladly switch to another place if you think there's a more convenient, user-friendly, or easy-to-update location for us to start from in making this list. The only real reason I went with the Wiki is because it was the simplest "anyone can edit it" site that was readily at hand, I'm open to switching if necessary.