Sign in to follow this  
Slickertm

Tears and Regina

When it comes down to 1.32 am and regina pops up in the jumble of music the write songs can start a fountain for me.

Hero of the Story, Ode to Divorse, those dissonant chords in Bon Idee really are a unlikely one.

And Lovology and Somedays.

Was wondering how many people interpret her songs in such a way to cause a tear or two? Or if I'm just too dramatic...

I secretly love it.

When it comes down to 1.32 am and regina pops up in the jumble of music the write songs can start a fountain for me.

Hero of the Story, Ode to Divorse, those dissonant chords in Bon Idee really are a unlikely one.

And Lovology and Somedays.

Was wondering how many people interpret her songs in such a way to cause a tear or two? Or if I'm just too dramatic...

I secretly love it.

I'm Italian, i have an average knowledge of English but i'm not capable of guessing lyrics at the first run.

When i listened "Braille" for the first time... was an unique experience.. i almost tried not to get involved for 10 seconds, the rest of the song was an ocean of emotions that invested me in such a powerful way

The question is that i got more than a tear or two, and figured the sense of the song perfectly even without fully understanding the lyrics, when i decided to read the text, i was shocked, almost everything i was reading was figured in my mind, as if i understood every word.

By far the Regina song that evokes the most emotion in me is "Braille". Other songs that stir me some include "Chemo Limo", "Human of the Year", "Dog and Pony", "On The Radio", and "Small Town Moon".

Braille yes of course, it's a favourite too, the motions of the song. The strength in the first sections followed by weaker moments really shows the mastery of the journey she can make which gets close to the likes of Rufus Wainwright.

Braille is beautiful.

But the noise and blue lips.... When I first heard the noise, I was cleaning the kitchen. I had just bought the live at bullmoose album and was listening to it while I was cleaning. The whole album is unbelievable. But that song... was beautiful. I stopped washing the dishes and started the song over and sat on the counter top with my face in my hands.

When I heard blue lips, I was sitting at my piano at my parents house with headphones on. I had just downloaded a ton of things by regina. I liked the song immediately but when it got to "blue, the most human color." I couldn't handle it. Her voice is so perfect for everything. So raw yet full.

But really... any song if it catches me unawares can make me cry. For instance, I was at the grocery store with my headphones on and Somedays came on while I was looking at the produce and... there were definite tears.

haha... another time I was walking home from the bank. It was still fall-ish and I was collecting leaves and summer in the city came on. It was a little too much for that moment.

there are numerous other "I cried when..." moments involving regina but I'll not tell any more. Needless to say, she pulls at my heart.