Sign in to follow this  
Slickertm

Tears and Regina

I don't cry w/ the sad ones, but I get a lump in my throat w/ the movingly beautiful ones, and sometimes a particular line gets to me.

--"the world is everlasting" in Ghost of Corp Future (not as much in recordings as live)

--the "hallelujahs" in Human of the Year (live)

--Small Town Moon (live)

--Real Love

--"we're ugly, but we have the music" Chelsea Hotel

--Lacrimosa

--One More Time With Feeling

--"You can't spend your whole life waiting for god to kiss you" Dulce and Decorum

--"Has it always been this way? Is it possible that all this magic went unnoticed?" Reading Time with Pickle

Man, I forgot about "reading time with pickle." That may be THE first Regina song I absolutely fell in love with. I kind of stay away from it most of the time now, because there's something so delicately beautiful and child-like about it that I don't ever want to ruin it. Thanks for reminding of it, mooebon! OMG. I can't tell you how, early on, that was the song I was most attached to. And I'd play it for other people and they just didn't get it. It seems kind of fragile, and perfect, and vulnerable and magical. :*]

Actually, I first heard SONGS in spring of 2004. I only know this because SOVIET KITSCH hadn't come out yet and I heard the entire SONGS album as streaming audio on Regina's old website. And I had told a lot of people "you have to go hear these songs" and gave them the URL. And then, a little later in that same year, that original website disappeared and was replaced by the website that was promoting SOVIET KITSCH right before it came out, and I was bummed that those streaming samples had disappeared until I found that they were still in existence on CD Baby.

So when I posted these "Pickle" lyrics, I'd say that was about a year after I first encountered SONGS, but none of that thrill had worn off yet. Smiler

I think at the time I "discovered" Regina, I wasn't on LiveJournal yet. Or surely I would have posted something. As it was, I started annoying a lot of my friends because after a certain point in early 2006, I was posting about her ALL the time. And people just *sighed* at me and didn't want to hear about it.

I cry most of the time I listen to Samson (the BTH version).

I cry EVERYTIME she sings that part in On The Radio - "this is how it works, you're young until you're not..."

ugh, heart wrenching!!!

Bon Idee and Lulliby make me shed tears too.

Field Below does it to me sometimes too, it just makes me well up with emotion.

When I'm at her show and she sings Human of The Year, I'm crying buckets of tears! LOL!

And recently hearing her sing "Real Love" made me cry too.

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

I cry most of the time I listen to Samson (the BTH version).

I cry EVERYTIME she sings that part in On The Radio - "this is how it works, you're young until you're not..."

ugh, heart wrenching!!!

Bon Idee and Lulliby make me shed tears too.

Field Below does it to me sometimes too, it just makes me well up with emotion.

When I'm at her show and she sings Human of The Year, I'm crying buckets of tears! LOL!

And recently hearing her sing "Real Love" made me cry too.

No mascara at the Wiltern then!

quote:
Originally posted by morricone1900:

Actually, I first heard SONGS in spring of 2004. I only know this because SOVIET KITSCH hadn't come out yet and I heard the entire SONGS album as streaming audio on Regina's old website. And I had told a lot of people "you have to go hear these songs" and gave them the URL. And then, a little later in that same year, that original website disappeared and was replaced by the website that was promoting SOVIET KITSCH right before it came out, and I was bummed that those streaming samples had disappeared until I found that they were still in existence on CD Baby.

So when I posted these "Pickle" lyrics, I'd say that was about a year after I first encountered SONGS, but none of that thrill had worn off yet. Smiler

I think at the time I "discovered" Regina, I wasn't on LiveJournal yet. Or surely I would have posted something. As it was, I started annoying a lot of my friends because after a certain point in early 2006, I was posting about her ALL the time. And people just *sighed* at me and didn't want to hear about it.

Its terrible how friends get tired of Regina talk isn't it? I almost think my roommate is becoming immune but my sister still acts annoyed when I bust in her dorm to tell her the recent Regina news. Weirdly enough though my sister likes a good bit of Regina music whereas my roommate does NOT. But even if it annoys people I find it hard (and quite frankly impossible) to shut up about her! Its just so exciting to have discovered such an amazing artist!

i love this topic, ahha.

It takes a lottt for me to cry from a song or film or anything like that. Razzer

i did a few times to regina though! the two times i remember most are during Us once when i was taking a walk and it came on, haha. and for the live version of On The Radio (especially when i saw it in person)

alsooo, the version of Samson on Songs and her cover of Hallelujah makes me cry in my head. ;]