Sign in to follow this  
Slickertm

Tears and Regina

So I'm sort of a wuss. Because I shed some tears at everything from Lord of the Rings to Moulin Rouge to V for Vendetta.

But I have to say that laying in bed listening to "Us" can be quite the emotional experience. Taking deep breathes in and out with to the beat of the song. Or practically any song from SK. Because that holds the most memories for me.

Regina puts so much emotion into her songs. It's hard not to feel it... Smiler

Definitely Braille & Somedays.

At her concert my eyes welled up during Summer In The City. Crazy hehe. It depends on my mood at the time I guess.

& IAW Tyler. In bed + concentrating on breathing while listening to emotional songs make me teaaaary.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

I cry most of the time I listen to Samson (the BTH version).

I cry EVERYTIME she sings that part in On The Radio - "this is how it works, you're young until you're not..."

ugh, heart wrenching!!!

Bon Idee and Lulliby make me shed tears too.

Field Below does it to me sometimes too, it just makes me well up with emotion.

When I'm at her show and she sings Human of The Year, I'm crying buckets of tears! LOL!

And recently hearing her sing "Real Love" made me cry too.

No mascara at the Wiltern then!

haha, I always do...and then it gets in my eyes and it stings! Totally worth it though! I need mascara and I need Regina concerts! LOL!

quote:
Originally posted by ali:

Definitely Braille & Somedays.

Somedays is by far my favorite song (subject to change of course) of reg's. Actually it's held the spot for quite a while now. I find it emotionally engaging. I must stop whatever I'm doing when it comes on. It just grabs me like no other. Live performance = tears..... Cool

Morricone, I definitely had a long Pickle obsession, and I still love it. Your description of it is perfect. I always imagine that song got started when Regina happened to see light shining through something green, turning everything around exquisitely greenish. That moment in the song is great. And it seems childlike---that is, a moment of everyday beauty that a child would see but grownups wouldn't notice.

I am glad people mentioned Somedays. That song is like a sleeper. It just sits there quietly, not drawing attention to itself, yet it is breathtakingly beautiful. It is definitely one of my all-time favorites! (I know you are raising your eyebrows, Andreseng, but really! It's on every Regina mix I've ever made for my car--other songs come and go, but Somedays stays.)

I would not have thought of Summer in the City for this thread, but it's true, that song has a sweet melancholy to it.

weird things make me cry. like the movie 'lilo and stitch' for instance. when stitch is all alone and lost... i'm pathetic.

1. BUILDINGS. every single time.

2. Aquarius

3. Ode to Divorce

4. Real Love

5. Aching to Pupate (not a single butterfly's been sold)

6. 8th floor

7. braille

8. december

9. Mockingbird

10. Making Records

11. Human of the year (town hall)

12. Hero/Bartender

13. Baobabs

there's loads more, but i'm tired of typing. Big Grin

im sure One More Time With Feeling would cause a lot more sadness in me if it didnt have a man coughing loudly in it at the begining. sorta takes away the mood. but that song is so emotional. and the way reg sings it with such power in her voice is phenominal.