Sign in to follow this  
darXstar

Regina's Popularity raising 200% according to google

take a look at this

http://www.google.com/trends?q=regina+spektor&ctab=2&geo=all&date=all

This is google trends, with a breakdown from 2004 of search words "regina" AND "spektor", no need of a statistic engineer to say that Reg is gaining popularity at a very strong rate (2x monthly basis, i think)

What that means?.... that i've never been at one of Regina's live (i'm Italian) and i fear when that will happen (soon) i will only see her like a distant point in the skyline of a immense hall...

Egh, just re-read what i've written above, and i imaginated if ever she reads something like that, she may think ..."what the hell he wants? i write and sing to let people know, listen, last time two months on the road, almost finally had the opportunity to make a major work with proper studio recording and time dedicated and....those people finds everytime something that doesn't go well"

The problem is that Regina is HER music, despite the things about stories and such works not being so personal, when someone listens to her, it's impossibile not to feel the personality of who has written and who's singing, and the worst is that is a great personality, captivating, unique, a secret door to a reginadimension full of new. Maybe it's something only related to my perception but....she is so smiling, so funny, so intense, so true....it's almost an addiction problem to me, and i'm not the kind of person that goes to concerts and yells all the time "reg i love you!!!" or "you're awesome!!", doesn't add nothing to her.

Forgive me for this selfish toughs, and especially forgive me for my english not so well formed i think.

Bye!

take a look at this

http://www.google.com/trends?q=regina+spektor&ctab=2&geo=all&date=all

This is google trends, with a breakdown from 2004 of search words "regina" AND "spektor", no need of a statistic engineer to say that Reg is gaining popularity at a very strong rate (2x monthly basis, i think)

What that means?.... that i've never been at one of Regina's live (i'm Italian) and i fear when that will happen (soon) i will only see her like a distant point in the skyline of a immense hall...

Egh, just re-read what i've written above, and i imaginated if ever she reads something like that, she may think ..."what the hell he wants? i write and sing to let people know, listen, last time two months on the road, almost finally had the opportunity to make a major work with proper studio recording and time dedicated and....those people finds everytime something that doesn't go well"

The problem is that Regina is HER music, despite the things about stories and such works not being so personal, when someone listens to her, it's impossibile not to feel the personality of who has written and who's singing, and the worst is that is a great personality, captivating, unique, a secret door to a reginadimension full of new. Maybe it's something only related to my perception but....she is so smiling, so funny, so intense, so true....it's almost an addiction problem to me, and i'm not the kind of person that goes to concerts and yells all the time "reg i love you!!!" or "you're awesome!!", doesn't add nothing to her.

Forgive me for this selfish toughs, and especially forgive me for my english not so well formed i think.

Bye!

Google Trends is in early stage, some cities and regions information maybe inaccurate, but, despite the beta version of the service, i think that the graph with search amount over time is pretty correct (100 % google internal data)

Anyway, it's not a news that Reg is popoular in northern european countries, the problems is that she surely not think will be a great idea come here in Italy, on in Spain (she did 1 or two shows in Madrid, i think)

haha sorry i didn't read the entire post because i'm a right old lazy sod haha

but i think that Regina's getting very popular, in that the reason i joined was because i heard on the radio played.. on the radio about 6 times in the space of like 2 hours and i sorta thought.. well she sounds pretty good Big Grin

haha she's definitley getting bigger.

Thanks for your reply

Maybe it's the same old sod, but we (I,atleast) haven't found a solution already

I'm not playing the same old "getting in love with the singer/etc"

My toughs are almost related to the frustration that i cannot talk to her, express my feelings on her work, let her explain me some choiches of lyrics and music arrangment, etc..

I think aside music Regina is a smart mind, unique in such ways, and i hate the fact that i miss a friend like her, not anymore else.

It's not an Awe for her, is such a different thing, i almost cannot explain well.

p.s. Happy 2007 ! :-)

I'll agree. Even though I live in the States, I've never seen her live and my word if I have to see her in a huge stadium, I'll go but I'll be sad. I'm going to NYC in March. I think she'll be back from her European tour by then. I kinda doubt she'll be performing though. But maybe I can run into her and tell her she's amazing has inspired me to start writing music again.

And also tell her she's absolutely gorgeous... and tell her father that I'm in love with his daughter.... hehe...

I'm very curious about the upcoming events...

Begin to hope despite the superficial criticism is a great album that does not denaturate the artist highlights but simply has and expanded instruments and timbric set of Regina music, we've seen only a bit of the iceberg that's now underwater...

Begin to Hope seems to me (maybe i'm wrong) the opera of a music talent that for the first time had ever used synths, vocal & instrumental textures, electro drums (or "groove agents Smiler") , the maybe first rendezvous between Regina and things like Cubase and a digital studio arrangment, especially for Fidelity, On The Radio, Edit, Apres Moi (this maybe has too much additions)

I like very much another artist: Enya , Irish, from a folk-music-band-family, classical trained and pianist as Regina, but the big difference (beside the musical styles performed, Enya is more into classical, celtic, irish-folk) was the early approach that Enya had with sequencer and strange effects like multi-layered vocals (in one song she uses 300 vocal layer slightly time-shifted)

Will be great to see (egh, listen) Regina experiment with such things, experiment with a pop-like band (as in Better, On The Radio live version), experiment with a classical orchestra...

She is not confined to a single musical genre, seems that she has something to do with the whole music.

RespeKt!

quote:
Originally posted by darXstar:

She is not confined to a single musical genre, seems that she has something to do with the whole music.

I like that quote, even in it's broken english form. It's perfect, and it's absolutely correct Big Grin