Sign in to follow this  
Chacun Pour Soi

Gingered Papaya Soup

Ingredients:

Large Onion (white or yellow, chopped)

Whole Papaya (which you will peel and roughly chop)

Fresh ginger (peeled, minced

Salt and Pepper (prefereably white pepper, but black will do)

Water

In a medium/hot, heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt down a generous amount(maybe 3-6 tbsp) of butter, until it froths a little, and add your onion. Cook it down and caramelize on medium heat until translucent but DO NOT BURN IT. Low flame is the key.

Add the papaya, ginger (to your liking, I like lots) salt and pepper, then add water to the pot until just below the level of the other ingredients. Bring the heat up until the contents are boiling, then back down to a simmer for, I don't know, 30-45 minutes (?).

Next, you need an immersion blender, ricer, or something else to purée the soup in. Purée until smooth (this stuff is like napalm when it comes out of the pot, don't burn yourself).

This soup can be served hot or cold.

Adapted from a Food Network show I watched.

Smiler

Ingredients:

Large Onion (white or yellow, chopped)

Whole Papaya (which you will peel and roughly chop)

Fresh ginger (peeled, minced

Salt and Pepper (prefereably white pepper, but black will do)

Water

In a medium/hot, heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt down a generous amount(maybe 3-6 tbsp) of butter, until it froths a little, and add your onion. Cook it down and caramelize on medium heat until translucent but DO NOT BURN IT. Low flame is the key.

Add the papaya, ginger (to your liking, I like lots) salt and pepper, then add water to the pot until just below the level of the other ingredients. Bring the heat up until the contents are boiling, then back down to a simmer for, I don't know, 30-45 minutes (?).

Next, you need an immersion blender, ricer, or something else to purée the soup in. Purée until smooth (this stuff is like napalm when it comes out of the pot, don't burn yourself).

This soup can be served hot or cold.

Adapted from a Food Network show I watched.

Smiler