Sign in to follow this  
PerksOfAWallflower

my regards to "Your Honor"

i was wondering if anyone could comment on if regina is vegitarian>?

i know not all of her songs are autobiographical, but i was hoping her statement in your honor "im a vegitarian so its a frozen pizza pie" had truth.

i am a vegitarian, and i now sing this song all the time. i thought it was really funny i always call myself a pizzatarian because i love chesse&mushroom pizza.

i was wondering if anyone could comment on if regina is vegitarian>?

i know not all of her songs are autobiographical, but i was hoping her statement in your honor "im a vegitarian so its a frozen pizza pie" had truth.

i am a vegitarian, and i now sing this song all the time. i thought it was really funny i always call myself a pizzatarian because i love chesse&mushroom pizza.

she quit?? that's horrible =(. i was wondering whether she was a vegetarian as well - but too many of her songs have meat reference, eg Dance anthem of the 80s, where she chooses a "meat market down the street" as the place where the boys and girls come to watch each other. i guess she finds meat romantic!? Confused im a vegan because i don't think you can separate the cruelty of the meat + dairy industry, but ill save that for an animal rights forum Wink

Roll Eyes Meat references??? regina makes reference to just about everything. She has stated many times that her songs are not auto-biographical. She may very well be a vegetarian. Or she might be a steak and potatoes gal. Or even a pizzatarian. Possibly a chocoholic. But don't think because her song's make reference to something that it means regina is or isn't anything! Big GrinWink

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Roll Eyes Meat references??? regina makes reference to just about everything. She has stated many times that her songs are not auto-biographical. She may very well be a vegetarian. Or she might be a steak and potatoes gal. Or even a pizzatarian. Possibly a chocoholic. But don't think because her song's make reference to something that it means regina is or isn't anything! Big GrinWink

well that might be true, but, i donno, if i was a songwriter i don't think i'd feel comfortable singing happily about meat, that's just me though.

quote:
Originally posted by a_secret_chord:

besides when i hear of 'meat market' i dont think of an actual meat market, i think of the simile 'meat market' which is a place where 'boys and girls go to watch each other.

that's true!! hehe, i should have thought of that! it makes perfect sense.

quote:
Originally posted by Eliana:

well that might be true, but, i donno, if i was a songwriter i don't think i'd feel comfortable singing happily about meat, that's just me though.

Reminds me of a one-hit wonder. Be sure to check out the tune "New Age Girl" by Deadeye Dick here.

Regina eats meat.

She was an omnivore, she became a vegitarian, she started back on the meat again. The End... Or IS it? DUN DUN DUN!!!

Eliana:

If you were a songwriter, I think (hope) that when you'd sing, it'd be for an artistic purpose, not to state how you live your life etc.. So comfort level shouldn't be much of a factor when singing about meat or any other object/symbol/topic. It's more how commited you are to the art that you've created. The words don't always mean what the words mean Wink

ALSO, The term "Meet Market" or "Meat Market" as you can tell from both spellings, it a double entendre when spoken. Probably one of the more common phrases used to describe a place where people go specifically to find a date. Especially the sleazy one's where everyone's eyeballing eachother. The other people become just "a nice piece of meat" basically. Blah blah, it's an expression, not actually about MEAT.

Even if the focus was about meat (which it isn't), that would say nothing at all about Regina. It's. A. Song.

Man I could go for a good steak right now.