Sign in to follow this  
nigel

Whu?! HOTEL SONG demo?!

Thanks for the love andre, I like this place :-)

That title is the reason I didn't find it. I will never understand why people see a need to give songs their own names.

I just listened to it!

A "HOTEL SONG" DEMO!?

It certainly isn't likely that it's from Sept'04 as the file's metadata indicates. Even the recorded version from the Bowery in March'05 sounds to be in a FAR earlier stage of development than the one you just pointed us to. It's definitely a 2006 (possibly late '05) recording.

Further, some backing tracks (perhaps not all) are definitely Regina's voice as well. Based on the song's structure and Regina's delivery, I'd say it's a demo recording for the BTH album. Far more mature than any version that would've existed in 2004 (though there's no evidence it existed at all back then - that I know of).

Anyone else feel free to chime in... SRG, I'm looking in your direction.

PS. Nigel, could you change the subject to "NEW Hotel Song" or something enticing, so we can get some eyes on this topic? The current topic looks like a MP3 request. I'm curious to see if anyone has solid info, since there may be demos for other BTH songs floating around...

It also just ocurred to me, that Sept 2004 was when Sire picked up distribution of Soviet Kitsch for Regina... (I think)

Jus thought I'd point that out, since the recording claims to be from Unknown Album 9/22/2004 11:14:44 AM

I thought it might be a demo as well. This is exciting, I feel like we may have stumbled on a whole new group of demos.

Perhaps we should contact whoever posted the mp3 on Multiply and see where she got it from.

...And I changed the subject. ^_^