Sign in to follow this  
nigel

Whu?! HOTEL SONG demo?!

I'm sticking with the theory that it's a leaked BTH demo, which means that there are possibly more out there (or at least with the person that leaked it). The proposition of a stripped-down version of "Lady" excites me for reasons that I can't explain!

There's another (less likely) chance that it was recorded in a session all it's own. Asking that girl where she got it is essential, but I fear will lead to "eMule" or "Limewire" which is not helpful for obvious reasons...

Still, I highly suggest that you ask, just in case she has info. This is your catch Nigel, make us proud.

OK, I sent Kate a PM.

quote:
Hey there.

You don't know me, but I had a quick question to ask you.

On your page, you have a Regina Spektor mp3 titled "come to my world".

As a representative of the Regina Spektor fan base as a whole, I was wondering where you got that mp3 from. Because we'd really love to know, and perhaps get more like it.

So, if you could reply that would be great.

Thanks alot.

We'll see if anything comes of it.

What a neat find...the song actually dates back at least to early 2004 (performed at Tonic, with the audience providing the handclapped beat), so I wouldn't immediately discount the 2004 date, but I'd agree that it's more likely the product of a quickie demo session to get some ideas down on tape before recording BTH.