Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Vids and Interview Download

Sorry if I came off grumpy and ungreatful, that wasn't my intention. It's just that I spent most of the weekend reloading my operating system (XP) on my (5 year old 1.6ghz Pentium 4) computer, and even with the latest WMP 11, I still can't play certain files without add-ons or plug-ins. Part of my problem may have been caused by having iTunes running in the background while downloading your files.

What are the absolute minimum parts of DivX needed to play these files? I only selected the codec and convertor, but still ended up with tons of stuff on my hardrive.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:

Sorry if I came off grumpy and ungreatful, that wasn't my intention.

No apoligies necessary, as I said, I was just bustin chops!

quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:

What are the absolute minimum parts of DivX needed to play these files?

All you need is the Community Codec. That's it. You should uninstall, reboot, then just install the Community Codec. Not to be confused with the "Pro" Codec.

Thanks for loading these. I got a shock when a couple of weeks ago a friend of mine in another city called and said "I saw someone named Regina Spektor on CBS THIS MORNING and I wondered if you knew about her..."

I was all "Jesus Christ, how did I not know she was going to be on CBS THIS MORNING??????" I was completely bummed that I had missed (and ironically this particular friend didn't know that I've been such a huge fan of Regina's since the SONGS CD that most of my other friends make fun of me about it).

So now I'll be able to see it! Yay! It's downloading now, albeit at a snail's pace. I use quicktime on Mac, so I'm hoping that the sync will work for me, but even if it doesn't, I'm really interested in seeing it. My friend told me her parents even appear in it?

I did have the DivX codec, but it still wouldn't play, so I'm attempting to download a newer version.

From what I can SEE though, this is the most adorable thing ever, with all those old pictures of Regina from childhood, etc. Smiler