Eliana

how did you get into regina?

A few years ago, I got a CD with some random songs from my friend and there were a couple of songs by Regina on it. Now, I had heard of Regina, but never actually heard her music, so I was curious and decided to listen to them one night. And the first time, I though, "Well, what is everyone talking about, this is actually quite unremarkable" (don't bash me yet, it continues) But then I was bored on a train and decided to listen to Regina again... and the second time, I totally fell in love with the few songs I had! So the week after that I headed to the music store and bought her CD and then listened to it nonstop for several months....

" what is EVERYONE talking about"?

youre so lucky you know people who like regina. I had to accidently stumble upon her on the internet....

Yeah, well, that was more like "everyone in the music magazines". The friend who gave me the CD isn't so much into Regina and now shs makes fun of me that I only ever listen to Regina's songs

I can't remember what all of them were, but I'm sure there was That Time, Better, Musicbox, Just like the Movies, Raindrops and Loveology. And a one or two others but I really don't know which anymore. Currently, I am totally in love with "Better", so I was really wrong the first time I heard it!

it was,

october 31, 2006.

i woke up and turned on vh1, all that was on was crappy music videos (as usual), until this gorgeous woman caught my eye. her name was regina spektor. she was an immigrant from moscow, russia, with a unique style. her video "fidelity" came on, and it was breathtaking! i went straight to vh1.com, and just had to learn more about her! there was another video that i liked, it was "on the radio", then i knew i was in love with regina. later that day, i was looking through the tv listings and what do you know, regina spektor was to appear on last call with carson daly that night! regina and her band gave an amazing performance of "on the radio". i've been listening everyday since then.

Big Grin

I don't know if I've already posted on this topic, but what the hey, I'll post again...

I was watching some Sara Bareilles interview, and they were taking questions from the audience, and one lady stood up and went, "So, I pretty much think there are only two real song writers out there. You, and Regina Spektor." And I'd heard her name thrown out a couple of other times by different people, so looked her up on youtube and naturally found Fidelity. I actually really didn't like it.

Then, I decided to try again and I found the video for Us, and it was like love at first sight. I watched it about twenty times in a row, completely mesmerized. I still didn't expect myself to get as obsessed as I am. And then I found that video of Apres Moi from Lollapalooza, and I was absolutely and totally smitten. I adored everything about the song the minute I heard it. Then eventually, I grew to like Fidelity to. And then I just kept finding all these songs, these brilliant songs, that this amazing woman had written, and it kind of blew my mind.

And that is long and epic tale of how I found Regina.

I think it was like 3 or 4 years ago... i went to the performance of a family friend, and there were one or two songs she did that i thought were brilliant so i looked up who sang them in the program for the performance. it was regina of course! One of the songs was Flyin' but i can't remember the other. little did i know she had so many songs that were even better!