Eliana

how did you get into regina?

My Regina discovery story isn't very interesting... My sister and I saw "Fidelity" on VH1 one morning and our jaws just dropped because it was so unique... And then we sort of forgot about it. But then one night backstage before the One-Act Play Competition we were in a friend of ours was humming the melody and we both excitedly asked her the title and artist. She let me listen to "On the Radio" and I was immediately in love with Regina... Over the course of the next year I bought each of her albums in backward chronological order and I've been hooked ever since.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

My Regina discovery story isn't very interesting... My sister and I saw "Fidelity" on VH1 one morning and our jaws just dropped because it was so unique... And then we sort of forgot about it. But then one night backstage before the One-Act Play Competition we were in a friend of ours was humming the melody and we both excitedly asked her the title and artist. She let me listen to "On the Radio" and I was immediately in love with Regina... Over the course of the next year I bought each of her albums in backward chronological order and I've been hooked ever since.

That's almost my same exact experience!

Smiler

How did i get into Regina.. well. I saw a commercial on the tv, and I enjoyed the music, so I wanted to know what it was called. It wasn't actually a Regina song. I looked up the name of the song and accidentally found the name 'us - Regina Spektor'. When I listened to it, first of all I was like 'hey, this isn't the song from the commercial' but then I concluded that it was really an awesome song. So I started searching more regina songs and slowly got into her music. I remember that the first Regina song I played over and over for days was Rejazzed. Some songs really needed my patience to get used to them. I took the time though, although i sometimes wonder why I would. That's Regina's magic, I guess ;]

^ My first foray into Regina was through a tv commercial as well! I heard Music Box in a JC Penney commercial. It sounded kind of nice so I downloaded it off iTunes. I found it kind of weird at first though, not quite what I was expecting (esp when she starts singing, "I run the water very very very hot...")...it sounded like a completely different song to me, haha. But then I grew to love it and checked out more of her music. Smiler

valentines day, 2007

school was off because of a snow day, and i figured a good use of my time would be to look up new music. i remembered reading in my teen vogue that kirsten dunst liked her music, and there was a picture of the bright yellow bth cover in the magazine. i remembered thinking it was cute and bright so i checked it out. i downloaded some random songs off of limewire and fell in love with what i heard.

one of the songs that really struck a chord with me was chemo limo... that and twenty years of snow and apres moi... so i graduated toward her darker stuff more in the beginning. but now i like nearly everything!

oh, and if you were wondering, when i realized that regina was amazing i bought all her cds and quit using limewire except for live stuff. Smiler

hey RJ my bday is right after urs....nov 1st.....

Anyway i'm a very recent Regina fan...just a lil over a year...even though i had heard of her at least a year before then.... I first saw the "fidelity" video and really didnt pay her any attention...I've always been more of an R&B person...listening to Jill Scott and Maxwell and stuff liek that...and so it used to be a lil harder for me to get into artist of other genres ( thank god for the internet allowing me to explore and expand my musical horizons!)....so anyway i 4got all about regina and then my coworker asked me what i was listening to and i told her "amy winehouse" and she was like well i cant stop listening to Regina Spektor" and again i ignored Regina and let it pass....then one day i was reading soemthing about "feist" who i had just recently gotten into and the article listed regina as one of her peers...so now that i finallyhad my own computer and ease of access i downloaded "Begin to Hope".....so the first 2 tracks play and im not very impressed....and then "Sampson" came on and i was like "wow what a beautiful song" and then i was liking everything that was coming on and eventually dell in love with those first 2 tracks i initially didn't like....and now i have over a 100 songs in my ipod of Regina and I can't stop listening to her!and i think my obsession will only increase as im gonna see her live for the first time next month and shes gonna be appearing everywhere to promote her new cd..and none of my friends will join in my excitement as none of them like her...well a couple like her but arent into her like i am and get very bored very quickly with talkin about her and shes all i seem to want to talk about right now...sorry i didnt edit this overlong rambling post but i have to go listen to Regina now