Eliana

how did you get into regina?

quote:
Originally posted by mercbenzon:

Hello all, downloaded aquarius by mistake just over a week ago and thats where it all started. Have fallen in love with her since and am really looking forward to her new album!

You have opened the floodgates. Theres no going back now.

Welcome to the stix! Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by alaskanmegn:

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Yes, welcome illyana. Cool Do you have any of your performances posted online?

Only if you don't make fun of me...Mind you, this was a long time ago and I was very stoned and on the spot. Hopefully it's acceptable Smiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phuEkfSoMcQ

I can play a good thirty songs of hers memorized, all by ear and a two by music! long live regina!!!!!!!

very impressed! i quite like your voice and the slight changes you made in the melody.

your phrasing was impeccable.

can i be a judge on american idol now? Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

You have nothing to be made fun of....Very nice job....I like Bartender a lot!

So are you the same person that posted under illyana?

Yes tis me. I read a book that had the name Illyana, it's Hebrew and extremely beautiful. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! you all are too too kind. LONG LIVE REGINA!!!...if only she came to Alaska. Or at least to Seattle or Portland!!! *sigh*

Apparently I have two regina accounts because I forgot the passwords...So I have two! weird? oh vell

I found her through an album review on iTunes. O was looking at the album " Alas I Cannot Swim" by: Laura Marling. Regina was mentioned in the review and I was looking for new music. I had not found any music that had truly fit me yet. I first went to Begin TO Hope and thougt it was o.k. I bought all of her albums from iTunes. I fell in love with 11:11 and have been hooked since.

once upon a time, i was sitting in my dorm being indecisive about what music i wanted to play. so i said, "hey abby (my roommate), why don't you play some of your music for once?" she was like, "ok." anyways she put on ben folds. eventually we came upon "you don't know me" and she said "oh yeah, he did this song with regina spektor, which is kind of cool."

i looked at her and said "oh." with a look that said "am i supposed to know what you're talking about??" and she gaped at me like i was absolutely insane. "oh hold on. we're listening to regina spektor. you would LIKE regina spektor." we did. i was hooked.

good old abby and knowing what i will like before i do. i will never listen to music the same way again. and abby is officially my savior (besides regina of course) lol.

so i'm a relatively new fan (this occured in the fall sometime), but i'm also extraordinarily obsessive and thorough with things that i fall in love with. resulting in me being a huge uber-nerd (in the eyes of my friends anyway) and joining random online forums and knowing every single little thing that is happening in the world of regina at any given moment (thanks to you wonderful stixers!).

i'm grateful to you all for feeding my addiction. Wink