Eliana

how did you get into regina?

quote:
Originally posted by alaskanmegn:

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

You have nothing to be made fun of....Very nice job....I like Bartender a lot!

So are you the same person that posted under illyana?

Yes tis me. I read a book that had the name Illyana, it's Hebrew and extremely beautiful. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! you all are too too kind. LONG LIVE REGINA!!!...if only she came to Alaska. Or at least to Seattle or Portland!!! *sigh*

Apparently I have two regina accounts because I forgot the passwords...So I have two! weird? oh vell

This is sad but the only reason I've heard of Sitka is because of that movie The Proposal. LOL.

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

quote:
Originally posted by alaskanmegn:

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

You have nothing to be made fun of....Very nice job....I like Bartender a lot!

So are you the same person that posted under illyana?

Yes tis me. I read a book that had the name Illyana, it's Hebrew and extremely beautiful. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! you all are too too kind. LONG LIVE REGINA!!!...if only she came to Alaska. Or at least to Seattle or Portland!!! *sigh*

Apparently I have two regina accounts because I forgot the passwords...So I have two! weird? oh vell

This is sad but the only reason I've heard of Sitka is because of that movie The Proposal. LOL.

Yes that is sad...The movie just got to Sitka actually a few days ago. I have yet to see it. I doubt it's good.My friends dad's truck was used in the movie...but they filmed the movie in Maine. NOT Alaska. Only a few shots they did in town--how cheap.

Regina really needs to come up to alaska...how could she resist??

mt._edited.jpg

I was trying to find new music a long time ago. And I was recommended, by a friend of mine, to try Soviet Kitsch. And BAM!! I loved it.

Seriously, that's actually how it happened... LoL

I ran into the MTV You hear it first video on Youtube about two years ago... the obsession began. I simply couldn't stop listening to Regina, actually I still can't Big Grin

So I was this huge Anouk (a dutch singer) fan and I became friends with one of her fans which introduced me to Regina 5 years ago. I can't remember exactly which song I heard fist but I guess it was Samson. At first I though she was a little weird and wasn't very sure if I liked her or not. Then I heard "Ode to Divorce" and that was the beginning of my addiction. I cried everytime I listened to that song and I don't cry easily! Now I love all her work and now I think she is the most talented person in the world! Smiler

I don't listen to Anouk songs anymore but I'm glad my "fanatism" lead me to singers like Regina.

I was trying to figure out what song i wanted to play on ukulele one day, and I remembered seeing a cool video a few months prior. For some reason I still remembered her name (I'm horrible with names...). and instead, I listened to her music for hours on end and went to the store and bought all the regina I could. Big Grin

Very late april or very early may of 2009 I was sitting in a coffee house in Tulsa ( My Town) I was reading, and then the coffee house staff started playing fidelity, (you know how coffee houses/cafe's always have music playing) I really liked what I heard and I asked my dad, " Hey dad who is this singing?" And he said, " I think this is Regina Spektor." I said okay. About a week or two later I was trying to decide what to google, I then rememberd that song at the coffee house. And decided to google REgina Spektor, then I clicked on this link.... It pulled up the music video to Fidelity on youtube.. that exact moment, right then and there after the video I became obsessed, and my obsession has grown extremely over the past 3 months. I love Regina more than ever with each new day. And people say meth is addictive....phhhhhh my ass.

^^ Big Grin So you're still in the beginning of your obsession phase. It gets so much fun expanding your library and coming across random songs and recordings that you might not know even existed. Trust me, your love will just grow deeper and deeper.

Thats nice to know Alicia!!! Its because of you that I have expanded my library like crazy, found new pics, met other regina fans, found these forums, and all this other stuff so thanks.My obsession is partly because of you and your help so thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

^^ Big Grin So you're still in the beginning of your obsession phase. It gets so much fun expanding your library and coming across random songs and recordings that you might not know even existed. Trust me, your love will just grow deeper and deeper.