Eliana

how did you get into regina?

Well, that's a pretty fun story actually. There is this other music forum i spend a lot of time on and somebody started a topic called "Very beatiful person" where people could put pics of beatiful people. One day i just found Regina's Fidelity video in there and that's pretty much it:P

I am a newbie! I was watching Sony Entertainment TV a few weeks ago and they always air a music video between shows. I happen to catch the "Fidelity" video and instantly fell in love with it. After that I googled her and downloaded Soviet Kitsch and Begin to Hope. I want 11:11 and Songs, but I can't find them anywhere, I only listened to them here.

I completely agree with whomever said she's addicting. She really is, I can't stop listening to her songs!

I had heard the name, Regina Spektor; however, not much more until one night on Grey's Anatomy, they played an excerpt of her song, Fidelity. The next day, I went to I Tunes and bought the album. I love it!!! I love so many artists who play the piano such as Billy Joel, Ben Folds Five, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, etc.

And her song, Fidelity is very descriptive of things that have been happening to me over the last month. Once I heard the entire song, I felt like Regina got me, how I was feeling.

Thanks, Regina!!

Smiler

I have been a CBS Sunday Morning watcher for years, and when I saw the story on Regina in January I was almost instantly hooked. Now this is really weird: here I am, a 63-year-old guy who hasn't been much into the music scene for a long time, except for an occasional Sinatra or some cool jazz. But there was just this "something" about Regina Spektor that hit me like a ton of bricks. I now own all her albums and have spent hours on youtube. I'm afraid I've developed what amounts to a "teenage crush" on her. I just can't get enough of her. My two teenage kids think I'm nuts, and I suppose I am, but there's no denying it. I'm reminded of the way I felt at the age of 15 when I had it bad for Natalie Wood -- it feels the same. I've loaded as much of her music on my Treo phone as I can find and it's in my car all the time. What the hell's the matter with me?

I will be visiting New York next month to see my son perform with his chorus at Carnegie Hall, but I must confess, secretly, that I'm much more excited to be seeing Regina perform at Purchase College on March 28. Does that make me a bad father, or just a nutjob? Anyway you look at it, I'm hooked!

I actually went to the same college as Regina for a few years, and one of my buddies was good friends with her at the time. One day we were driving around, and he put her cd on. It was really beautiful, but I don’t know which one it was, this was 6 or 7 years ago…

I only ever met her one time and she seemed really nice. She came over to my friend's place in the “Olde,” and I think we watched Apocalypse Now but I could be wrong. If you’re a Purchase cat you exactly know what I mean (if not, the "Olde" is just the name of the student apartments on campus.)

I hadn’t heard any of her music since that time in my friend’s car. Then a few days ago, I saw her video Fidelity on TV for the first time. It was amazing. I was so happy for her! You know what they say about a friend of a friend, right? I just bought her new album off of amazon, and I’m impatiently awaiting its arrival.

By the way, after reading about Elena and Frank’s chance encounter in Chicago, and their unlikely reuniting here, I figured anything was possible. My buddy used to run Regina’s website way back when, maybe he’s still around? He often had to remind me that there is no such country as Hungaria.

Peace