Eliana

how did you get into regina?

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

Thats nice to know Alicia!!! Its because of you that I have expanded my library like crazy, found new pics, met other regina fans, found these forums, and all this other stuff so thanks.My obsession is partly because of you and your help so thanks

You have no clue how happy that makes me to hear Big Grin You are always welcome and feel free to ask me anything or for a recording whenever. I love spreading the love that is regina and it wasn't all too long ago I was in your exact same positon

Thanks again, Ill be sure to do that.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

Thats nice to know Alicia!!! Its because of you that I have expanded my library like crazy, found new pics, met other regina fans, found these forums, and all this other stuff so thanks.My obsession is partly because of you and your help so thanks

You have no clue how happy that makes me to hear Big Grin You are always welcome and feel free to ask me anything or for a recording whenever. I love spreading the love that is regina and it wasn't all too long ago I was in your exact same positon

That is so funny lol!! I can tell you were early in your obsession. My obsession has rapidly matured and blossomed in a time frame of four months. Thats how long I have been into Regina. LOL MY OBSESSION HAS EXPLODED OVER THAT FOUR MONTHS.

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

lol look what i wrote on regina's page 2 years ago.

http://www.tv.com/regina-spekt...tag=mini;content_nav

hehe, i put "regina is the best rock singer ever!

Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by diceguyBill:

I have been a CBS Sunday Morning watcher for years, and when I saw the story on Regina in January I was almost instantly hooked. Now this is really weird: here I am, a 63-year-old guy who hasn't been much into the music scene for a long time, except for an occasional Sinatra or some cool jazz. But there was just this "something" about Regina Spektor that hit me like a ton of bricks. I now own all her albums and have spent hours on youtube. I'm afraid I've developed what amounts to a "teenage crush" on her. I just can't get enough of her. My two teenage kids think I'm nuts, and I suppose I am, but there's no denying it. I'm reminded of the way I felt at the age of 15 when I had it bad for Natalie Wood -- it feels the same. I've loaded as much of her music on my Treo phone as I can find and it's in my car all the time. What the hell's the matter with me?

I will be visiting New York next month to see my son perform with his chorus at Carnegie Hall, but I must confess, secretly, that I'm much more excited to be seeing Regina perform at Purchase College on March 28. Does that make me a bad father, or just a nutjob? Anyway you look at it, I'm hooked!

YOU ARE AWESOME! lol thats cool i didnt know you were 63 years old!

I actually first heard her in the Prince Caspian movie with her song, "The Call". I really liked the song and decided to listen to more of her songs, and I instantly fell in love with all of them. "Folding Chair" was one of the first I heard, and it holds a special place in my heart, but "Apres Moi" probably is my favorite. "Oedipus" is really interesting as well. All in all, Regina is amazing and I can't wait to hear more from her!

I first heard of Regina back in the mid 2000s on NPR while driving. She sounded interesting in the interview and they played 'Pound of Flesh' which appealed to me as something original and not like the pap usually heard on the radio, For some reason, I hadn't delved into her work further, until someone on a music forum mentioned her new album, What We Saw from the Cheap Seats in 2012. I checked out some of her videos and was mightily impressed, especially the one below which dealt with faith and had some interesting surreal moments....

I can see from the dates of all the previous posts on here that I'm more than a little late to the Regina party.....

My all-time favourite TV show is the Good Wife - so much so that when it was coming to an end I couldn't bear for it to finish and so recorded the whole thing and have waited over a year to watch it. Having finally done so, I was surprised at how much 'Better' affected me. I assumed it was just the association with the series, but I've now listened to a lot more of Regina's material and have concluded that she is one of those artists that just gets to me in a way that very few do (Eva Cassidy being the prime example).

I love her voice, her lyrics, her musicality, but most of all I love the fact that she has such a huge back-catalogue for me to 'discover' and enjoy. Best of all, she is coming to Edinburgh this August, so I will also get to see her live.