Eliana

how did you get into regina?

quote:
Originally posted by The Owl of Minerva:

My friend's name from college is Peter Mueller, but he may spell it with an umlaut.

Yeah, Regina's site used to be on PeterMu.net before the forums were moved to infopop, and Regina got her own domain. I was going to ask if it was him, but then you actually said his name.

Six degrees of Regina-seperation is seeming more and more like 5 or 4 degrees...

The first time i heard regina was on conan, but o live in Portugal (a lot of you most likely never heard of this lovely country!!)we get Conan 6 months behind, so when in the states Regina was on last year or so, here it was about two months.

Also because of where i live nobody (that i know) ever heard of her!!Everyone is still on the pop music!! Of course there are people where that knows her, but we're very few!!

I totally fell in love wuth fidelity on tv, and when i googled her my life got a lot much better! I finally found a kind of music that i relate to like a twin!!Smiler

I like sooo much her music!!and her hair!!i want to have her hair!!!

*^.^*

i had a friend who was into regina and i had no idea who regina was or what she sounded like.

my friend used to make me mix cds of random music she finds and she put pavlov's daughter on one of them. i listened to it and i was immediately hooked. i had the song on repeat for weeks and i just wanted more. i had my friend make me a mix with just regina on it and i fell in love.

i've been addicted since... that was about 6-7 months ago.

My friend saw Fidelity on VH1, and she thought it was cool, so she sent me a copy of the song and gave me the url for the video. I watched it and thought it was very cool, so I listened to it all the time on my iPod. Then my friend Danniah told me how much she loved Regina Spektor, so I bought Begin To Hope and I fell in love! Yay!

Not a very unique story, but I saw her video for Fidelity on VH1, because during the summer I started watching it in the morning to see all the music videos so that I would be able to talk about them with my friends later. When I saw Fidelity I immediately loved it and told my sister about it, although she didn't really care, and just ended the conversation with "Okay...whatever" while I went on the Internet. I just randomly typed in "reginaspektor.com" and was pleasantly surprised when it worked, and I clicked on the Music tab. I'm not sure why, but I listened to Songs before listening to 11:11, but even though I normally don't listen to that kind of music, I surprised myself by loving every second of it. For months I wanted Begin to Hope, after hearing the samples of the songs on the Internet, and I finally got the special edition for Christmas. The rest of her songs I've only heard on the Internet, and videos of her performing live on YouTube because my parents don't want me to waste money on CD's when I could be saving it for college...but either way I haven't been able to find a copy of Soviet Kitsch anywhere at all in this tiny little town I live in... Frowner But surprisingly, tomorrow my mom's buying me an iPod nano and I plan to download all of her songs!!!!! Big GrinBig Grin

suprisingly the you ought to know artists arent too bad... k.t. tunstall is great (saw her live at bogarts, shes a really cool person as well) and this new amy winehouse is pretty enjoyable. but VH1 still gets props by me for endorsing a good thing (regina being that good thing) they caught on a little later than some did but they were the first biggies to shake her hand and put her on the screen even if it was just one song (hopefully there will be more)! Big Grin