Eliana

how did you get into regina?

I read some great reviews for Begin To Hope and read the article in Rolling Stone on her. I went on itunes and previewed the songs from Hope. By the 4th song (On the Radio), I knew I had to buy this CD. Bought the CD the next day, and now I'm hooked!

I saw Begin to Hope in the store. I remember thinking that she was probably Phil Spector's daughter and that I should get the CD, until I realized that their names were spelt differently. Then I saw her on Conan. I borrowed Mary Ann Meets the Gravediggers from my friend, and I liked it alot.

I had a friend who was trained in piano and violin who played me some songs from Soviet Kitsch, so I had to get it afterwards! Then I heard Fidelity on VH! while I was in the other room and I said "That sound like Regina..." and it was! And then my love for her replenished. Big Grin

Now that she's getting widely popular, it's nice to know I loved her first. :P

i was visiting some friends in London and my friend Emily was showing me some photos she'd shot of Regina at a show. I'd never heard her before so she played 11:11 for me I kinda just sat there wondering how I'd never heard her yet. this was about 4 years ago or so. i've been hooked ever since.

Well I was digging around from page to page on Myspace (lol) and I was on Ben Kweller's page, then went to his wife Liz's music page La and she had Regina as one of her friends. And I was hooked after hearing Us. Kinda cheesy and lame that it was through myspace, but ah well. Anyways, then I got 11:11 from a friend, and bought Beging to Hope and Songs. Aw yeah.

A friend from russia sent me a song...

i was totally impressed be her voice.

it was aprés moi, and after some second listening i thought its the erlking from schubert, but this opinion was wrongBig Grin i heard only this beautiful voice, and thought, thats its an old wife who singing this song, apres moi... second wrong pointBig Grin

Here in germany she is not that popular than in the states etc etc, so it was hard to find any informations, but in the end i get all cds imported

Well, I believe this was like 6~7 months ago. A friend and I were in Rio de Janeiro (my home city, in Brazil, where nobody know Regina XD) and an msn friend of her gave us a link to the music video of "Samson". She like it, I fell in love. The next day I listened to the whole BTH album. The next week I was able to say the poem in Russian from Aprés Moi.

And that's it!

well Living in England,uk north east,Geordie Land,the music channels,radio are constantly punching you in the face with new music,most of the time churns from the pop cycle that everyone will be singing, and then will hate in a week, but with me i get very,very,very bored with new music, it has nothing new in it, nothing stands out, effects me or indices me to listen to more.

So when i get bored i go back to older music, the smiths, the cure...the list goes on, but i went onto myspace and there was a girl, beautiful hair and supposidly all my friends sed i looked like her and the lyrics i wrote were very similar, so i thought yes i'll have a look, so i did, and i can quite onestly say, it changed my life sad i kno as i have never seen her live, but i can switch off from every day, The song Flowers, just for some reason links to my life *things i love im allowed to keep* just wows me everytime i hear it, shivers,goose bumps you name it...i just ...well love her. And i take alot of inspiration from her as a inger/songwriter...it also helpos me as an art artist to, u listen to her and ur artsthe best u have ever produced, high notes, low peieces all help me to create well...my art.I would love to personally thank her, but that would be impossoble so ye thanks regina,your truly diffrent and definatly one of my favourite artists.

I downloaded some song, I don't remember by who, but anyway, it wasn't labeled correctly. I loved it though and I looked up the lyrics to find it was Apres Moi by Regina Spektor. I promptly got the cd and loved it. Then got all the other cds and love them all too. She's amazing. I love her.