Eliana

how did you get into regina?

After hearing her collaboration with The Strokes(one of my favorite bands) on the song 'Post-Modern Girls..'

I had known her name before and read about her on a few music websites but had never really bothered to listen. After searching for Regina Spektor online I found the songs Fidelity and Musicbox. Immediately after that, I added her on myspace and heard even more great songs. I could not believe that I had actually listened to a few of these songs(On The Radio and Us)but had never found out who they were by.

I think it was around 2004... I was working at this coffee shop right here in nyc. There was this girl also working there and she always used to play that song carbon monoxide.. the chorous line got stuck in my head... I'm so cool.. i'm soo cool... at first i used to hate that song, because that girl used to played it everyday... but then i stopped working there and i never found out who sang the song until like last year, so as you can imagine i looked for the song for all those years but never knew who it was.

I discovered Regina Spektor and Bjork (ironacally, my two favorite artists) on my internet providers home page website... that had a music section, news, shopping.. etc. much like Yahoo.

i always scoped the music videos... when i came across the videos for Us and Ode to Divorce, in a list of alternative music videos. They were so unique, and so captivating... i was hooked.

I heard her song fidelity on the radio ages ago and my mum turned it off, saying "Ooh I can't listen to that noise" I quickly turned it back on and said.. "Aww I like it".

Then I was watching the J.Ross show weeks ago and there she was performing "On the radio" (I thought this to be quite ironic) and I was so impressed I downloaded "Begin to Hope" woke up with my iPod stuck to my face and still playing through the album, I then downloaded everything eles she has made and now here I am.

Oh so happy to have found another fantastic artist!

I was over at a friend's house and she had the TV on, one of those music video countdowns. We weren't really watching, just sort of had it in the background while we co-wrote short stories, passing a notebook back and forth. Regina's Fidelity video came on and it immediately caught my attention.. it was very unique, very artistic, particularly in comparison with the other stuff that had been on.. and of course, Regina herself is quite beautiful. But past appearances, I REALLY liked her voice (and the song itself).

So I jotted down her name and the word Fidelity, looked her up on the internet and found reginaspektor.com ... listened to Begin to Hope all the way through, fell in love with it, and bought it as soon as I had the chance.

She has a very playful quality in her voice, doesn't she?

I KNOW!!!!! i love it. her voice is so flexible in how it can sound... girlish, strong, sad, admirable, excited, and sometimes it just makes noises (<-- my personal favourite of these voices showcased in "Daniel Cowman")

being new here, you will need this. http://www.six-58.com/regina/ ... and your all set my friend.

quote:
Originally posted by rain_just_rain:

I'm aliiiiiiiiiiiiiive. I'm really thinking about keeping "brumstix" as my home page. So I'll be sure that I'll always post here, Wink

We brazilians are just like Ants, yep! Tropical-ants Cool

And I first "heard" about Regina , reading a blog of a very famous musical journalist here on Brazil. He said many wonderful things about her, and other 3 female singers. I downloaded all of them, but, as you can see, Regina touched my hea-a-a-a-a-art very deeper than the others.

Just out of curiosity, who were the other three singers??

I was looking around on myspace about 2 years ago trying to find some new music to listen to. I saw her name and thought it sounded cool, so I gave it a try. Ghost of Corporate Future came on when I pulled up her page...it was all over after that. Regina Spektor. Perfection.

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

quote:
Originally posted by rain_just_rain:

I'm aliiiiiiiiiiiiiive. I'm really thinking about keeping "brumstix" as my home page. So I'll be sure that I'll always post here, Wink

We brazilians are just like Ants, yep! Tropical-ants Cool

And I first "heard" about Regina , reading a blog of a very famous musical journalist here on Brazil. He said many wonderful things about her, and other 3 female singers. I downloaded all of them, but, as you can see, Regina touched my hea-a-a-a-a-art very deeper than the others.

Just out of curiosity, who were the other three singers??

The other singers mentioned in the article were: Céu, Negra Li (Brazilians) and Nicole Willis.

I'm replaying cuz apparently Vinicius died again Razzer

I was extremely tired after work a few years back and wandered into a record store. After meandering for a hunk of time Soviet Kitsch caught my eye. Bought the album without hearing it first and spent a great deal of time obsessing over it. Ended up going to San Francisco and NYC for the first time and became an overtly dramatic fan.

Now Regina is filed under my many musical inspirations.

I've been out of touch with the Stixs and venture by every-so-often to gasp in wonder at all the new lovely handles.

later days peeps,

Shawn