Eliana

how did you get into regina?

I listen to quite a lot of indie/alternative (i dunno let's just call it not mainstream) music and i'd heard her name a million times before. One day i was watching the music channel Juice TV and I saw the little banner at the bottom of the screen saying Fidelity - Regina Spektor. I thought, huh, that name sounds familiar.. I watched it and fell in love... the songs' version of Samson cinched it for me....

Well, I got into Regina through another artist. I'm a big Vanessa Carlton fan and I obsesive-compulsively check her message boards and stuff. One day, she posted and she was suggesting artists and bands that we should all listen to. On the list, there was Regina Spektor and I said top myself, "Ok let's check out her myspace" there was Fidelity and Samson and both songs basically did it for me.

Well I had heard about her before through rilokiley.net but not enough to make me want to check her out. When I saw she was added to this year's Bonnaroo lineup I decided to give her a listen, and the rest is history Smiler

I was telling a friend at work how much I love Kate Bush but want to listen to some new music. She tells me I might like Regina Spektor. Soon afterwards I buy Soviet Kitsch.

However I did not listen to it for a few months

( I am like that sometimes).

Finally one day I watch the dvd from soviet kitsch and ode to divore impressed me as much as any song I have ever heard. Later I listened to the whole album and I was so impressed with every song. Needless to say I am hooked..

I used to love the Dresden Dolls, don't get me wrong, I still do, but anyways...I was listening to live recordings from The Dresden Dolls/Amanda Palmer shows and I saw a song Amanda was singing with Regina Spektor. I listened to it and was completely floored by Regina's sound. I have been in love with her music ever since.

Funny story actually. I was 17 working at Dunkin' Donuts, when this gorgeous girl came up to me and asked me about my name, and I told her, (Chrisi by the way) she told me I looked remarkably close to this artist that she loves (Regina) and what kind of music do I listen to, I told her, I listen to Poe (you probably haven't heard of her) The Cranberries, Groove Coverage, and Amon Tobin...she said, I would love this artist...So the next day at work, she brought me a CD with a compillation of amazing songs with everything from Fidelity to Happy Hooker, Just Like The Movies, Etc.

since then, I've been completely in love.

Thanks Again Buffy...

I had all of her CD's (yes, including 11:11)

until some socially challenged addict (I can only assume, and I have a pretty good idea) stole my CD player in it was Soviet Kitsch

I only hope they got something more than $25 from my 18th birthday present, and one of my favorite Regina CD's. Luckily I had just recently before that downloaded it to my Itunes (off of my CD) so I had to have a burned one then.

either way, I'm rambling.

mine is similar to roso de oro.

i watch vh1 top 20 if i ever get up... i just have a weakness for music videos and some of their stuff is quite good. excepting "lipgloss" and "big girls don't cry".

forgive me, i'm fourteen.

but anyway, i heard fidelity a couple times and then i eventually went onto vspot.com and found the other vids on there (otr, samson, us, field below, better) but i (silly me) thought BTH was her first album cause a lot of you oughta know's only have one. so it wasn't until around january i started looking her up on youtube and i was like, OMFG! four fucking albums! it was nirvana. now i search for every one of the seven hundred i can find and read nearly every article anywhere mentioning her.

I am ashamed of becoming this rabidly obsessed so late in her career, but whatever...

I watch CBS Sunday Morning news faithfully, because I'm weird like that, and I feel like if I don't watch it, it will go unwatched. (I swear, I've never met anyone who watches it)

Uh, anyway, there was that incredible special they did on Regina in uh, January or something. (maybe it was April, whatever, same thing.)

My mom, who happened to be watching the show with me, was the one who went out and bought Begin to Hope later that day. She's a CD whore, I swear, because she buys any and every album that is recommended to her.

Anyway, I steal it from her as she comes home from the store. I am completely unaware of what I'm getting myself into as I pop the CD in the computer and start listening.

And then uh, the rest is pretty self-explanatory - I've become quite the fanatic, owning every album and almost every song in the short time since I saw that special on CBS.