Eliana

how did you get into regina?

My roommate showed me the "Us" video last year, and the rest is history. I'm actually a little pissed that he knew about her years ago (through his ex girlfriend) but didn't tell me about her. I moved to NY in 2004... had I known about her then, I could have (should have) been to a bunch of her local shows... yeah, I'm really bitter about it.

i am a big amanda palmer/dresden dolls fan, and have been for a while. i was reading one of amanda's blogs one day, and reg's name was in it with a little blurb something like "GOGOGO buy her album! it is excellent" (i paraphrase from memory alone. this is probably not correct) and so i wrote down the name, and ran out to my friendly neighbourhood music store...and walked out with a nice shiny copy of begin to hope (the last one on the shelf! i love ottawa)

i was hooked.

i then carried on to go backwards and listen to each of her albums from newest to oldest...and got even more hooked on soviet kitsch.

and reg lived happily ever after in my stereo.

quote:
Originally posted by Espressogirl91:

About a year ago, I was flying back from Italy and was reading the sky mall cataloge. It mentioned a new artist, Regina Spektor, and talked about her music style and similar artists. I was intrigued and looked her up as soon as I got home. Loved her ever since.

Now I've heard it all! Welcome to the stix! Smiler

i really thought i replied to this topic! haha.

it was summer of 2006 and i heard 'fidelity' and i really don't know how, but within a month she became my complete musical infatuation/favourite artist and i heard all of the albums (thank you generous regina site) and was beginning to hear the live/demo stuff. i still don't know how it happened because it did so quickly but thankfully it did. :P

everyone found out about her in cooler ways haha, i wish i had a good story besides finding her on myspace of all things. Big Grin

My roommate gave my Reginitis last year... ever since then I haven't been able to get rid of the headache and heartache that comes along with it. Sucks. Luckily I've managed to keep from getting sunburned... but maybe that has something to do with living in the city.

quote:
Originally posted by folding chair:

i really thought i replied to this topic! haha.

it was summer of 2006 and i heard 'fidelity' and i really don't know how, but within a month she became my complete musical infatuation/favourite artist and i heard all of the albums (thank you generous regina site) and was beginning to hear the live/demo stuff. i still don't know how it happened because it did so quickly but thankfully it did. :P

everyone found out about her in cooler ways haha, i wish i had a good story besides finding her on myspace of all things. Big Grin

wOOt!!!! I found Reg in the summer of '06 as well. Good times!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Aonex:

My roommate gave my Reginitis last year... ever since then I haven't been able to get rid of the headache and heartache that comes along with it. Sucks. Luckily I've managed to keep from getting sunburned... but maybe that has something to do with living in the city.

And we all know what summer in the city means.....