Sign in to follow this  
Galactastica

Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori is a line from the Roman lyrical poet Horace's Odes (iii 2.13). The line can be rendered in English as: "It is sweet and honourable to die for one's country," or: "It is sweet and proper to die for the fatherland." In classical Latin it was pronounced, "dulcet decorumst pro patria mori," due to poetic elision and prodelision.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulce_et_decorum_est_pro_patria_mori

I search for it every day. Frowner

JohnnyC reportedly has a live recording of it from Montreal that hasn't been heard yet. Hopefully he'll post it somewhere someday. Smiler

The demo though... While I'm sure it exists, is probably going to take a very long time to find, if ever even found in the first place. Considering how much she specifically wanted that song not to leak, and how she was just really sort of beginning to reach some sort of popularity and didn't quite have a huge enough following that there probably weren't many if ANY really aiming to "leak" her material, it might very well not materialize.

But who knows? Maybe in 3 years it'll end up on another album.

One can only hope. <3

What amazes me is that Regina was actually sick at that show at the Axis...

And it's the only recording of that song most people have heard. :o

Unless they heard the loud/badly eq-d Philly show one. But I doubt that'd apply to many people outside the Stix. Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by IDontCare:

What amazes me is that Regina was actually sick at that show at the Axis...

I've actually found that sometimes when Regina's sick, her voice will sound even better.