Sign in to follow this  
PerksOfAWallflower

genuinly adorable regina....

i absolutly love love love and adore regina's music. She is fantasticly intelligent, and her songs are like puzzles which are so wonderfully filled with metaphors. Also the cute empowering lines in her melodies are just to die for......

but lately ive been wondering about the great regina herself, and not just her songs because as she repeats, she just observes and writes about the life she sees around her and each song is not necessarily about herself. I've been reading and watching some interviews and found she is so adorable and sincere. I <3 the subterranian interview where she exlains what bums her out.... something to the ffect of "when the temperature drops in New York alot of the birds die, and i usually bury them but th the recent bird flu i cant, for fear of death..." I thought this to be so sweet.... and she is so hilarious.....when she played at Tower Records and says "next albumn, F***, F***, F***, F****.....oh...srry...." i laughed so hard. She just seems like she would be such a cool person to meet and hang with..... anyone else seen some awesome interviews with hilarious lines? or just anything that regina has said that you find especially cute?

i absolutly love love love and adore regina's music. She is fantasticly intelligent, and her songs are like puzzles which are so wonderfully filled with metaphors. Also the cute empowering lines in her melodies are just to die for......

but lately ive been wondering about the great regina herself, and not just her songs because as she repeats, she just observes and writes about the life she sees around her and each song is not necessarily about herself. I've been reading and watching some interviews and found she is so adorable and sincere. I <3 the subterranian interview where she exlains what bums her out.... something to the ffect of "when the temperature drops in New York alot of the birds die, and i usually bury them but th the recent bird flu i cant, for fear of death..." I thought this to be so sweet.... and she is so hilarious.....when she played at Tower Records and says "next albumn, F***, F***, F***, F****.....oh...srry...." i laughed so hard. She just seems like she would be such a cool person to meet and hang with..... anyone else seen some awesome interviews with hilarious lines? or just anything that regina has said that you find especially cute?

when i met her in october at the minneapolis show, someone complained to her about the 18+ shows, and i went 'well regina, thats because you swear so much.' and she told us how her little brother won't swear because she did so much around him when he was little. it was an amazingly cute story

My wife and I got the opportunity to meet her in Dallas back in November. My wife usually isn't to hip to female artists, but just adores Regina, especially after getting to meet her. She just seems like such an ordinary person, almost like she's unaware at how f-ing brilliant she is. Just listen to her WNYC interview, I made a link to it here just a few days ago. She talks about writing a song the night before, hopes she can remember it because she didn't write it down, then unloads an outstanding rendition of the yet to be titled Fidelity.

When she entered the record store in Dallas, she looked so shy and unassuming, taken back by the number of fans present, then takes to the riser to say to a few people taking pictures something to the effect of "I'll be sure to stand up straight, so my boobs stick out". Hilarious!