Sign in to follow this  
PerksOfAWallflower

???anti-regspekt????how can that be...

i was humming pound of flesh at my work...and my coworker stopped me and said "what are you singing" and i said regina spektor of course...."

he replied "oh...i dont really like her..she always sings strang crap and like grans and clicks and stuff...."

i almost fell down in shock.....

"wha-wh-wha-what did you say...do you just hate music all together because regina is as good as it gets"

he didnt nderstand that those 'strange things" are what sets her apart and gives her creative flair....gosh..that really bugs me....

i was humming pound of flesh at my work...and my coworker stopped me and said "what are you singing" and i said regina spektor of course...."

he replied "oh...i dont really like her..she always sings strang crap and like grans and clicks and stuff...."

i almost fell down in shock.....

"wha-wh-wha-what did you say...do you just hate music all together because regina is as good as it gets"

he didnt nderstand that those 'strange things" are what sets her apart and gives her creative flair....gosh..that really bugs me....

Too each his/her own I suppose. I absolutely LOVE Regina's voice. I usually find "great" voices boring, thus my rabid dislike of American Idol. Walk into any church in America on a Sunday, and you will find dozens of "great voices", but boring as hell too.

Most people just don't take or have the time to really appreciate new music, it's so easy to be lazy and take in the shit that is played to death on the radio. Honestly, it drives me insane.

Good lord, you should read the ugly things they say about Regina on VH1's forum. Actually, you shouldn't, trust me.

I agree with at least 90% of your comment..I've been playing Regina at the surgery center (where I work)and both the docs & nurses like her..:~)I'm fortunate to work with cool people!

quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:

Too each his/her own I suppose. I absolutely LOVE Regina's voice. I usually find "great" voices boring, thus my rabid dislike of American Idol. Walk into any church in America on a Sunday, and you will find dozens of "great voices", but boring as hell too.

Most people just don't take or have the time to really appreciate new music, it's so easy to be lazy and take in the shit that is played to death on the radio. Honestly, it drives me insane.

Good lord, you should read the ugly things they say about Regina on VH1's forum. Actually, you shouldn't, trust me.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:

I usually find "great" voices boring, thus my rabid dislike of American Idol. Walk into any church in America on a Sunday, and you will find dozens of "great voices", but boring as hell too.

I'm not trying to ridicule your opinion because I generally hate it when people don't try to get what I'm saying, and I've discovered that because of this I've begun to talk a lot faster around people I know so I can get a freaking word in edgewise...but I mean, come on, what's wrong with a great voice? A genuine question. I know some songs that I wouldn't like nearly as much if they weren't sung by such great voices.