Sign in to follow this  
Dan the man

Ever wonder what Tori fans think of Regina?

A good friend of mine, you know who you are, asked me last week what I thought Tori Amos might think of Miss Spektor. I don't know of course, but I now know what many of her fans have to say. @Forums is probably the most popular, and most rabid of the Tori forums. Here is a link to a thread that started way back in 2004 in the other artists section.

http://www.atforumz.com/showthread.php?t=220890

Try to skim through the entire thing, it really doesn't take too long. It's funny to see the transition several of them make in thier opinions, and downright worshiping of her as well. Good stuff!

A good friend of mine, you know who you are, asked me last week what I thought Tori Amos might think of Miss Spektor. I don't know of course, but I now know what many of her fans have to say. @Forums is probably the most popular, and most rabid of the Tori forums. Here is a link to a thread that started way back in 2004 in the other artists section.

http://www.atforumz.com/showthread.php?t=220890

Try to skim through the entire thing, it really doesn't take too long. It's funny to see the transition several of them make in thier opinions, and downright worshiping of her as well. Good stuff!

i think regina is very talented...but not anywhere nearly as talented as tori. i'm pretty open minded, but objectively speaking tori's piano skills alone are lightyears more brilliant and complex than regina's. and i don't understand how people can say that the difference between tori and regina is that tori wallows and self pity and depression and all that...if you read her actual lyrics, only a few song are actually about herself. that frustrates me.

Let's see:

Myra Ellen Amos born on August 22, 1963, that makes her 43.

Regina Spektor (Russian: Регина Спектор)born on February 18, 1980, that makes her 27.

Wow, regina has 16 years to catch up.... Big Grin

Tori is a prodigy, is hard to compare someone with her.

The first time that i heard Regina, Tori and Fiona Apple came to my mind, but and the same time i felt that her printed her particular style.

They are similar becouse they play the piano (DUH!), red haired, some tones of the voice are similar, even in some points the music could be classified with the same label. But Lirically are completely different, Tori is more deep and depressing, Regina try more to be lovely and funny, is not a rule, but I feel it in most of their songs. The music is also different, Regina sometimes is more classical and have more only piano songs, Tori is more "pop-ish".

I have to choose, maybe i will choose Tori, but it doesnt means that Regina is not very talented.