Sign in to follow this  
Benz

Stockholm show March 4th. Anyone going?

Those photos are wonderful Lina!! =D I'm really sorry I didn't bring a camera now, but I'll store that evening in memory forever!~

It's the first time seeing Regina Spektor for me and I'm in a little state of shock even now!! =D I've listened to alot of live-recordings but wow... wowowow.. wow...! Crazy-perfect =D

Thanks to Regina, her band, Only Son and everyone else who made the perfect ending to our sportsbreak =D

oh, what a lovely show it was! i last saw her stockholm show back in 2005, so i've been waiting quite eagerly for regina to come back and do a proper show (i couldn't go see her at accelerator last summer).

the setlist will have to come from someone else, because i suck at remembering how many songs she played and in what order, but i'm pretty sure she played the following (but again, definitely not in this order, and my memory could be playing tricks on me):

ain't no cover

baby jesus

bobbing for apples

poor little rich boy

aprés moi

field below

on the radio

fidelity

better

hotel song

sailor song

summer in the city

that time

your honor

carbon monoxide

us

samson

..hmm, i know there were more, but.. no clue. can't recall. it was all most lovely though.

regina had a cold, which had her cough every now and then, but her voice was stellar singing, and she warmed up after a few songs, as did the stockholm crowd, and halfway through people started to properly cheer everytime she started a song because we'd recognize whatever she'd play.

i uploaded a video to youtube of most of the a capella "ain't no cover" - it's lacking the first few lines, and the lights makes her face not so visible for most of it, but the sound is good.

and these are a couple of photo's i snapped - i had 9th row, and the guy next to me asked me to refrain after a short bit, so i didn't snap many, but whatever:

reg2.jpg

reg12.jpg

reg7.jpg

you can find the rest at my website, so i don't bog this page down too much. Smiler

ooo lovely! more videos ploz Big Grin some memories from the gig:

me: welcome back!

regina: thank you! welcome back, all of you too! Big Grin

me: muuuusicbooox! Big Grin

regina: *starts playing musicbox*

me: *joy*

regina: *starts playing Field Below... looks at her arm...

looks there again... then stops to pick something off it*

sorry... there was a hair there. :}

regina: we're gonna play a country song

me: Love, you're a whore!!! Big Grin

regina: that's right! go internet!

i wanted to wish for more songs, but she seemed in the mood

to get out of there quickly alas. but we got a little over an

hour didn't we. Smiler she had a cold and the audience wasn't as

responsive as back in 2005, she even said "wow... you're sooo

quiet. i can hear myself think. but that's cool."

i really loved to hear Human Of The Year in person too.

she really has something so powerful in how she sings the

part after "halleluja" - very Stevie Wonder-funky. LOVELY.

though, the chair she used for PLRB was kind of crappy-sounding,

too weak... and she complained that it was standing too far

away from her. i saw them tape it down to the floor before she

got on, so she couldn't really move it either. but she made it

work Smiler

Only Son was really charming too, he has a great voice but

his songs kind of dragged on for me. i did love his speeches.

all in all a great evening. <3

i have some film snippets too, some with video and some just audio.

as soon as i have time, i will post here.

I was there too. Seeing Regina was very rewarding since we came from Finland just to see her, and boy were we astonished. Such a voice, such a charisma... Wow! I really hope her music would get more known here in Finland too, and that some day she'd come over here as well.

If I'd bailed on this one I would've regretted it for the rest of my life. Chinateatern is a great place. Smiler

Regards,

Marko from Finland

NP: Après Moi

quote:
Originally posted by Madbert:

I was there too. Seeing Regina was very rewarding since we came from Finland just to see her, and boy were we astonished. Such a voice, such a charisma... Wow! I really hope her music would get more known here in Finland too, and that some day she'd come over here as well.

NP: Après Moi

Tell me about it! I've seen no Regina Spektor news/interviews in music magazines here. BUT i heard a rumor that Regina might be coming to some summer festival in Finland this summer. Well, i doubt it but lets not give up hope yet huh?