Sign in to follow this  
Benz

Stockholm show March 4th. Anyone going?

Please dont take this as an insult, .

Im from Venezuela and right now im an exchange student in Uppsala. This one was my first gig here in Sweden, but I have a question

are the swedish crowds usually as cold like that?

i mean... they didnt scream really loud, didnt sing, didnt seem really enthusiastic... if you know what i mean.

quote:
Originally posted by sicko:

Please dont take this as an insult, .

Im from Venezuela and right now im an exchange student in Uppsala. This one was my first gig here in Sweden, but I have a question

i mean... they didnt scream really loud, didnt sing, didnt seem really enthusiastic... if you know what i mean.

Don't know who you sat next to (or were you inside the concert hall at all, no pun intended Wink ), but I did hear singing from the crowd from time to time and very loud cheers.

I don't think the crowd was cold, maybe just anxious to hear spektacular [sic] songs and maybe give space to Regina's singing? I myself was like mesmerized by this awesome performance and the voice, I just enjoyed the show 'cuz I was kinda enchanted by her songs and persona. I don't see why you should necessarily go all yelling mad or sumthin', especially during that many delicate songs. It wasn't the craziest crowd possible, but they did give Regina a warm welcome anyway. Smiler

well, I was in the worst place of the theater, in the balcony, in the last line and in the last seat heheheh.... but i really enjoyed the gig.... regina is simple lovely

quote:

well, I was in the worst place of the theater, in the balcony, in the last line and in the last seat

Oh, sorry to hear that.

My seat was ok, also in the balcony. Usually when I get tickets to a concert where the audience should be seated, it seems I mostly get the seat behind some member from the mighty Big-Head tribe. Who also has an afro and uses a huge French hat that has fruits (pineapples and such) in it. Luckily this time this honorary member of the Big-Heads didn't use a hat and had a flat haircut, so I even got to see lovely Regina every once and a while. Smiler

quote:

i think it depends on where you were sitting, but it's also to do with the type of venue.

stockholm audiences are infamous for being a bit on the stand-offish side. i think this is because most of the time, the audience contains a large percent of people who go to concerts only for the hip-factor, and not because they're really a fan.

however, i also think it depends on the venue. a seated event in a small, pretty theater, doesn't really inspire most people (at least not swedes) to stand up and rabidly cheer throughout the show, and i think that's fine.

i was 9th row on the floor, and we all cheered loudly inbetween songs, and as soon as we recognized and intro. i personally am more into watching regina perform, than wanting to hear people yell things during songs.

however, had she performed at a place with general admission and standing room only, there'd probably be a more loose vibe, and more conducive to singalongs.

eh, it was a good show, and i know i went wild for every song, and lots of people around me, so i don't know. maybe the balcony just felt too disconnected from the stage?

well maybe is becouse im really use to Latin American crowds, in general we are really loud and emotionals (sometimes more than it have to be). But it was only an impression, maybe im wrong.

When I saw im from barcelona it was completely different, but they use to try to make the public part of the show and after Bloc Party maybe I will take better conclusions.

another completely offtopic question... how is the accelerator, the big one? which kind of bands usually perform there, how much could be the tickts?

Indeed lina (hi sweets), your pictures are freakin amazing. I never got to see which camera you brought with you though, I keep only thinking about what pics I would've been able to get if I had my SLR with me and not the compact.

Oh well, here are my shots from the concert anyway, I had quite possibly the best seat for that, front row center. I am the happy Smiler

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

As for the question about the audience being into the concert and being active I totally agree about the venue not being the best for making the audience do that, and as well Swedes being Swedes. I remember R.E.M. in Stockholm a couple of years ago, it was a hell of a lot more of crowd cheering and singing there, though it was at a much bigger venue (Globen) as well. Still, I think the crowd around me was pretty active, I know at least I sung and screamed a fair bit throughout the concert anyway Smiler

Thanks for the pics, MrPumpernickel, there were some nice shots.

About the good seats: At first I had some decent seats booked from the center, I guess row 4 or 5. But I wasn't sure then if I could get the tickets the same day the concert was, so I had to let them go. Yet the little bit worse place didn't ruin it for me, I loved every second of it. Smiler

I guess this "Swedes being Swedes" goes pretty much for all us Scandinavians, a bit more reserved and "cool" so to speak than many others. But we can get crazy too, believe me, sicko. Wink