Sign in to follow this  
PerksOfAWallflower

remeber when i would only smoke parliments...

a friend of mine just bought Begin to Hope...

she came to me with an interesting thought...

Does regina smoke???or has she....

this is a wierd question....

i dont know if someone with her voice could be a smoker...and most singers refuse to smoke...

she explains her songs mostly arent about her, but there are a few smoking refrences in her songs....biggest in that time.and some in Lady but we know thats about Billie holdiay, famous smoker....

but anyways...growing up in new york....rough scene...maybe a smoker..who knows..

ive never seen any pictures of her smoking..

can anyone remeber an interview touching on this??

a friend of mine just bought Begin to Hope...

she came to me with an interesting thought...

Does regina smoke???or has she....

this is a wierd question....

i dont know if someone with her voice could be a smoker...and most singers refuse to smoke...

she explains her songs mostly arent about her, but there are a few smoking refrences in her songs....biggest in that time.and some in Lady but we know thats about Billie holdiay, famous smoker....

but anyways...growing up in new york....rough scene...maybe a smoker..who knows..

ive never seen any pictures of her smoking..

can anyone remeber an interview touching on this??

My wife and my boss at work are what's known as "party" smokers. My wife will bum a butt if she's around other smokers or having a few drinks, but not any other time. I've seen two different pics of Regina smoking. Here is one of them.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m20/holdonyourhonour...by_Jimbobbolooki.jpg

Hey I think it stinks, but you inhale more than one or two second-hand a night in a bar or club anyway.

hey..rock on..mystery solved...thanks dan the man...

i kno tons of "party " smokers and its perfectly logical...you do practicly smoke while at a bar anyways

regina kind of struck me as a smoker and i have no idea why...but she said she was obsessed with billie holiday in college so maybe she wanted to test the waters a little....

She talked at length on one of her older BBC interviews about how she used to smoke and how when Mayor Bloomberg first put the smoking ban into place in New York she was one of the people that would huddle outside in the cold smoking and cursing the mayor, but how it wasn't long before she realized how much easier it was to perform when the room wasn't filled with smoke, so how she secretly blessed Bloomberg after that.

She went on to talk about how understanding Europeans were when she would ask if people not smoke at her shows...she said she would ask audiences this but also let them know that, as an ex-smoker, she understood that if they really needed to smoke, she knew what that was like and they should go ahead if they really needed to. She said (at that time) that there had been very little smoking in her European club dates and she was very grateful for that.

As I recall, the woman interviewing her followed that anecdote up with some odd remark about how no-one could keep Keith Richards off the vodka. :/

Anyway, the point is that she was definitely a smoker until probably only a couple of years ago. And she has referred to herself as "a reformed smoker."

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't reference the mp3 I had made of the interview, but if I can figure out how to upload the portion of the interview that included this story, I'll do so. It was one of her many very endearing interviews!

In fact, the other thing I remember about this interview is that it was when it from either late November or early December (probably 2005) during a time when it was really cold in the UK, because the strange woman doing the interview, even though she knew Regina was Jewish, kept making references to Regina's Christmas. It felt really odd, even though Regina of course just rolled with it, perhaps because of her innate version of "Rejewish and rejistian and...." that she talks about in the "Reginasaurus" song. Smiler