Sign in to follow this  
Maksimova

Looking for someone

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I hope this is appropriate, this is my first time posting and I do not want to cause any trouble. I promise it has some to do with regina as well. A while back I was going downtown to chicago and I was supposed to meet up with some friends to get something to eat and do other things. My uncle dropped me off because I've never driven to chicago before. My friends had afternoon lectures at university and were going to drive down after and meet me at a restaurant. About an hour later they call me and tell me their car broke and they had to get it towed so they can't come. I started getting scared because I had no place to go and no way to get home. I still ate at the restaurant and after I was done eating the waiters were being really rude hinting for me to leave. Not knowing where I was going I went outside and just started walking with the crowds on the sidewalk acting like I knew where I was going. Then one of my heels gets stuck in a crack in the sidewalk and breaks and I tumble over and my skirt flies up. Some guys that were around me start whistling and don't even help me! Everything was like a bad dream from there and before I know it I just started crying. It could not get more embarassing. While I'm sitting on the sidewalk crying, four guys walk past and I turn red because I can only imagine what I must have looked like. One of them looked back and said something to his friends and then started walking back towards me. He asks me if I'm ok and I say yes because I couldn't think straight. He then tells me that benches are overrated anyhow and that he sits on the sidewalk sometimes too which make me laugh. He then helps me up and sees my heel was broke and starts laughing almost in disbelief and asks me if I'm sure I'm alright. I figure it was good time to tell him what happened and I am balancing on him because the ground is freezing and I don't want to step on it with my open foot. After I tell him what happened, and how I have no place to go he tells me how he and his friends are about to go to a concert and how he wishes he had an extra ticket. He tells one of his friends to go get their car and bring it back to us. While his friend gets the car he asks if I want they could try and see if anyone will be selling tickets outside the concert. He says the concert is a couple blocks up but I might not want to walk barefoot. I didn't know what to say because you can never be too trusting and I don't know these peoples. I could see he did not want to push it for me to get a ride with them but also did not want me to have to walk barefoot. I did not feel comfortable getting in the car so I say I'll walk barefoot. As soon as my feet touched the ground tears came to my eyes because it was soo cold and I put my heels back on right away trying to balance quickly on the broken heel. The guy starts looking around and say wait a minute. He runs across the street and into a wal-greens and comes out sometime later with these water shoes. The mesh kind you wear at the beach and with confidence tells me these are the new thing in chicago hehe. I could care less what I wore at that point because I was freezing so we walked to the concert while one of his friends drove the car. When we arrived there we right away started asking for extra tickets and everyone justed looked at me like I'm crazy because I had dressed up that night but I was wearing water shoes. Finally we found a person but they were only selling two tickets together and we didn't know what to do. I told him I only have money for one and he start to walk to someone else so the guy with me stopped him and said we'll buy both. I was so ashame because I felt like such a burden to this guy, but he was very kind and told me it was no problem. When we went inside I had been thinking about getting a ticket so much that I had no idea who I was about to see. They say I would love her, and told me her name was regina spektor. The concert was incredible and I could not believe I've never heard of this lady before. And she is from Russia like me. She played such beautiful music and was full of emotion and feeling. After the show they said they were going to wait for her to come out and I couldn't believe you could talk to her afterwards. I got so excited but when they told me she might no be out for a while I thought about getting home because I work early the next day. They tell me there is a train I can take that stops at all the cities in the suburbs where I live. I know of the train station near my house but I never took the train before. The man who was my savior throughout the night offers to take me there and make sure I get on safely and then go back to wait for regina. He took me to the station payed for my ticket and he brings me to the guy working on the train and says him it is late she is riding alone and has never rode before, can you make sure you keep an eye on her and make sure she gets off at the right stop. I felt like a baby because I'm 23 years old but I never rode the train before and he was so kind for worrying about me. Before he left I asked him to write down his name but was too shy to ask for his number. I felt so stupid after because how could I contact him just by his name? He told me that if I was interested to hear more of regina to go to a website which he wrote down. I came to this website and listen to more songs and I love it. I just now started looking at these forum and I was wondering if he possibly writes on here since he refer me to this site. I noticed regina will be playing in chicago again in may and I wanted to repay him for that night. I bought tickets for me and some friends I want to introduce to regina and an extra one if he wants to go. The name he wrote was Frank Restivo and I know most people don't go by their real names on here but maybe one of you knows him. I thought I would take a chance so please if anyone can help I would appreciate it very much. Sorry this is so long but it may not have been as memorable for him so I thought if he sees this he might remember. thank you!

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I hope this is appropriate, this is my first time posting and I do not want to cause any trouble. I promise it has some to do with regina as well. A while back I was going downtown to chicago and I was supposed to meet up with some friends to get something to eat and do other things. My uncle dropped me off because I've never driven to chicago before. My friends had afternoon lectures at university and were going to drive down after and meet me at a restaurant. About an hour later they call me and tell me their car broke and they had to get it towed so they can't come. I started getting scared because I had no place to go and no way to get home. I still ate at the restaurant and after I was done eating the waiters were being really rude hinting for me to leave. Not knowing where I was going I went outside and just started walking with the crowds on the sidewalk acting like I knew where I was going. Then one of my heels gets stuck in a crack in the sidewalk and breaks and I tumble over and my skirt flies up. Some guys that were around me start whistling and don't even help me! Everything was like a bad dream from there and before I know it I just started crying. It could not get more embarassing. While I'm sitting on the sidewalk crying, four guys walk past and I turn red because I can only imagine what I must have looked like. One of them looked back and said something to his friends and then started walking back towards me. He asks me if I'm ok and I say yes because I couldn't think straight. He then tells me that benches are overrated anyhow and that he sits on the sidewalk sometimes too which make me laugh. He then helps me up and sees my heel was broke and starts laughing almost in disbelief and asks me if I'm sure I'm alright. I figure it was good time to tell him what happened and I am balancing on him because the ground is freezing and I don't want to step on it with my open foot. After I tell him what happened, and how I have no place to go he tells me how he and his friends are about to go to a concert and how he wishes he had an extra ticket. He tells one of his friends to go get their car and bring it back to us. While his friend gets the car he asks if I want they could try and see if anyone will be selling tickets outside the concert. He says the concert is a couple blocks up but I might not want to walk barefoot. I didn't know what to say because you can never be too trusting and I don't know these peoples. I could see he did not want to push it for me to get a ride with them but also did not want me to have to walk barefoot. I did not feel comfortable getting in the car so I say I'll walk barefoot. As soon as my feet touched the ground tears came to my eyes because it was soo cold and I put my heels back on right away trying to balance quickly on the broken heel. The guy starts looking around and say wait a minute. He runs across the street and into a wal-greens and comes out sometime later with these water shoes. The mesh kind you wear at the beach and with confidence tells me these are the new thing in chicago hehe. I could care less what I wore at that point because I was freezing so we walked to the concert while one of his friends drove the car. When we arrived there we right away started asking for extra tickets and everyone justed looked at me like I'm crazy because I had dressed up that night but I was wearing water shoes. Finally we found a person but they were only selling two tickets together and we didn't know what to do. I told him I only have money for one and he start to walk to someone else so the guy with me stopped him and said we'll buy both. I was so ashame because I felt like such a burden to this guy, but he was very kind and told me it was no problem. When we went inside I had been thinking about getting a ticket so much that I had no idea who I was about to see. They say I would love her, and told me her name was regina spektor. The concert was incredible and I could not believe I've never heard of this lady before. And she is from Russia like me. She played such beautiful music and was full of emotion and feeling. After the show they said they were going to wait for her to come out and I couldn't believe you could talk to her afterwards. I got so excited but when they told me she might no be out for a while I thought about getting home because I work early the next day. They tell me there is a train I can take that stops at all the cities in the suburbs where I live. I know of the train station near my house but I never took the train before. The man who was my savior throughout the night offers to take me there and make sure I get on safely and then go back to wait for regina. He took me to the station payed for my ticket and he brings me to the guy working on the train and says him it is late she is riding alone and has never rode before, can you make sure you keep an eye on her and make sure she gets off at the right stop. I felt like a baby because I'm 23 years old but I never rode the train before and he was so kind for worrying about me. Before he left I asked him to write down his name but was too shy to ask for his number. I felt so stupid after because how could I contact him just by his name? He told me that if I was interested to hear more of regina to go to a website which he wrote down. I came to this website and listen to more songs and I love it. I just now started looking at these forum and I was wondering if he possibly writes on here since he refer me to this site. I noticed regina will be playing in chicago again in may and I wanted to repay him for that night. I bought tickets for me and some friends I want to introduce to regina and an extra one if he wants to go. The name he wrote was Frank Restivo and I know most people don't go by their real names on here but maybe one of you knows him. I thought I would take a chance so please if anyone can help I would appreciate it very much. Sorry this is so long but it may not have been as memorable for him so I thought if he sees this he might remember. thank you!

This is the first time I've seen something from 2007 go missing. No wonder we can never "Find" anything.

Thank goodness for the great archive at WayBackMachine. For those newbs that haven't seen this yet there's tons of the older versions of reginaspektor.com available for your viewing pleasure. Including the famous frog underwear.

What's really funny is Perks sent me an email yesterday asking about this stuff, and the very next day it's needed on the stix.

Nice catch Kaylee! You can come out from the snow now.....

"so, i own a pair of frog underwear, not actually made of frog, but with the frog picture on the fabric. The frog is green.

Also, i am a musician. i play piano and sing the songs i write, and then we (piano, sing, and songs, and i, and write)go to the pub and visit friends and also we cook and eat and sleep and dream dreams.

When i get a bit down i put on my frog underwear and go look for treasures in the pavement. i sometimes find ancient bottle caps, but sometimes just baseball caps.

New York is bigger than a pirate ship, the sun makes everything look like gold and silver. But it's just a band-aid. But it's just a gum wrapper. But it's just a piece of green glass."