allflowerz

Other good music

Strongly recommend Tift Merritt as one of the best Americana artists out there.. I have been following her for 10 years, and we even had a chat about Regina after one of her shows, and she called Regina 'wonderful' and a 'beautiful singer'.. so she has good taste too..

Tift is a rapidly rising star, and deservedly. I've only seen her once to date, opening for Josh Ritter at Tarrytown Music Hall in 2010. She did really well then, and joined Josh and his band for a closer after his set. Josh and his guys are *tall* and Tift is *short*. It made a funny sight. She's had a lot of success since then, and I need to see her again.

Yes, Tift and Regina are both as long on talent as they are slight in stature :wub:

Tift, like Regina is also very accommodating to her fans.. when I requested to take a picture of her after a show in August, she insisted I be in it with her!

meandtiftMedium_zps04459bfe.jpg

I really like Imelda May. After hearing her sing, it's funny to hear her talk, she has such a strong Irish accent that you would never get from her singing.

I'd never heard of Nick Waterhouse before. I liked that song, and not unlike Imelda May (a male version of course).

I've been listening to a band called Meursault a lot lately. They're from Edinburgh, Scotland.

Warning - this one contains a few uses of the 'f' word, but if you're Regina Spektor fans I guess you're all used to that :)

I'd highly recommend the 90s band Slowdive.

Now there's a name from my youth!

I was a big fan of the 90s UK 'Shoegaze' scene. My favourite band at the time (and one of my favourites of all time) was Ride - the trend at the time was for bands to have single word names.

I really like Imelda May. After hearing her sing, it's funny to hear her talk, she has such a strong Irish accent that you would never get from her singing.

XD, is true, the first time i heard her was strange, i didn't hope that accent, but with time i'm used to it

I'm a big fan of Imelda May, the concert she did with Jeff Beck is really good, one of my favorities

how i'd have liked to be in that great concert