Sign in to follow this  
Alexey

Регине из Москвы большой привет!

Дорогая Регина!

На днях мой друг, живущий в Нью Йорке, прислал твои песни. Я никогда ничего подобного не слышал. Первое, что приходит на ум, так это реинкарнация

Но в переселение душ я не верю ).

Ты потрясающий артист, ты замечательный исполнитель! А когда я услышал песню, в которой звучали строки Пастернака, то был просто потрясен!

Спасибо тебе, большое, от самой глубины этого февраля!

Дорогая Регина!

На днях мой друг, живущий в Нью Йорке, прислал твои песни. Я никогда ничего подобного не слышал. Первое, что приходит на ум, так это реинкарнация

Но в переселение душ я не верю ).

Ты потрясающий артист, ты замечательный исполнитель! А когда я услышал песню, в которой звучали строки Пастернака, то был просто потрясен!

Спасибо тебе, большое, от самой глубины этого февраля!

Hi Alexey

Thank you for your message from Russia. I have tried to make an English translation of it, but my knowledge of Russian is poor, so the translation is rude and partly computer based. I am sorry. Can somebody help? I have put brackets [] around the parts that are most unclear to me.

-- - -

Dear Regina!

One of these days my friend living in New York sent me your songs. I never have heard anything similar. [The first that occurs so it is reincarnation] (But I do not believe in the journey of souls).

You are a tremendous artist, you are a remarkable performer! [And when I have heard a song in which lines by Pasternak has been simply shaken sounded!]

Thanks you, greatly, from the depth of this February!

- - -

"Pasternak" and "from the depth of this February" must refer to "Apres Moi Le Deluge" in which Regina sings part of a poem by Boris Pasternak in her native Russian language.

In translation by Alex Miller it goes: “February. Get ink, shed tears / Write of it, sob your heart out, sing, / While torrential slush that roars / Burns in the blackness of the spring”.

Marvelous!

(Thanks to LaCittaPlayer: http://reginaspektor.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/454107688/m/7911064141)

Great winter picture from Moscow, Alexey. February - The torrential slush roars.