PerksOfAWallflower

language nerds !!!!

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

planning on going blind?

everyone keeps saying that to me! i just think it'd be a cool thing to know. i could be like "hey, yeah, i can read with my fingers. wassup."

i just started spanish lessons with my moms venezualan friend. she is so funny and i love her accent. but thank god i took french because this lady goes at such a fast speed without that french knowledge it would be impossible to keep up.

ive found spanish is so hard! french is structured.. there are rules people! rules are there for a reason but spanish is like... whatever... haha. but its cool.

im surprised how much i learnt in one lesson! next lesson on friday!

I think I posted this somewhere else, but what the hell, I'll post again!

I get to take French next year!!

It's going to be awesome, because I am still going to be taking Spanish. Chances are I'll probably stop the class halfway through the year, due to language overload, but anyway, awesome!

hey all, a new language post for BeeBo...

Yesterday I started work as a cleaner at a local decorating foil factory. Both my boss and coleague are Germans who speak mostly german, so I have to speak German too!

It's been like nine years since I dropped it from my high school curriculum (suddenly I failed it while I had done so well the year before) so I really had to dig deep to both understand and talk with the guys :s

however, after two days with the Germans I'm really improving. Not that I understand everything they say, but it's getting easier. German is a little bit like Dutch, yet so entirely different also! it's hard. Again I praise my awesome memory for words Big Grin

I just gave my friend a lesson in Hebrew. Not so much on the actual letters and stuff, I just explained the whole vowel system and how most texts don't have vowels so you have to know the language and infer the way things are pronounced by the letters by knowing what word is spelled that way and how it's pronounced. Hard to explain, but I did it.

Nerdy much?

Also my MSN name is currently my name in Hebrew. Since my name is Hebrew it actually makes sense as a word not just phonetically and I think I even spelled it right Razzer

I think my name, Michael, is Hebrew. I think it would be a really cool language to learn, because it's so old. I did Latin for three years and really liked it, but my school made me choose between it and Triple Award Science (giving you three GCSEs in science rather than Double Award which gives you two), so I went for the latter.