PerksOfAWallflower

language nerds !!!!

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

hope you enjoy. Smiler try to sing it, it's so much fun lol. a little hard in some point to fit all the words in but cool anyways.

When will the video be up?

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

hope you enjoy. Smiler try to sing it, it's so much fun lol. a little hard in some point to fit all the words in but cool anyways.

When will the video be up?

oh goodness, that is alot of work...

but never fear i'm practicing a regina song right now that i'm pondering putting on youtube. i adapted it to guitar and it doesn't sound too bad Smiler i'll post it here when i eventually put it up.

quote:
Originally posted by rawin:

wouldn't it be "j'adore" though, and not "j'aime" ?

J'adore Paris sous la pluie...

not exactly. Aimer is used for like and love..when you say i love you it's je t'aime. And by putting bien after aimer it is really really love. and yes you can say sous la pluie as welll, i just thought quand il pleut rhymed better.

Raw- check my post i edited. I didn't think it works but then i rmemeber it from a song so i changed it.

and i googled both j'adore paris, et j'aime paris and both work. I was basing my j'aime from "Paris, je t'aime" the movie. so i know for a fact you can use it.

I have a language question:

In Dutch, there is an expression for feeling embarrasment because of another person's behavior, "plaatsvervangende schaamte" (lit.: replaced embarrasment/shame), the only translation i could come up with to English which seemed to make sense, was "embarrasment by proxy". the other person acts in an embarrassing way without shame, yet you feel very embarrassed that he/she acts so...

Is there a real English term for being embarrassed because of what someone else does or says?