Sign in to follow this  
Musikel

"Educate Me, Ms. Spektor..."

You want an education? In no particular order and definetly not all inclusive:

Led Zeppelin, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Susan Tedeschi, The Arcade Fire, Dave Matthews, Gomez, Sublime, Aerosmith, 311, DeVotchKa (thank regina for turning me on to them), Fiona Apple, Oasis, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Dresdan Dolls, Bonnie Raitt, Tom Petty, Beck, AC/DC, Miles Davis, Motown (60's & 70's), Bif Naked, Alanis Morissette, Van Morrison, John Mellencamp, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Elvis (Presley and Costello), Chantal Kreviazuk, Jewel, The Beatles, ELO, The Rolling Stones, Mott the Hoople, Yes.

Okay, I'm coming up for air now. This is just a small, small portion.

right now im on a regina only kick, but efore that i listened to lots of stuff!

The Beatles, Joni Mitchell, Bjork, Janis Joplin, Indigo Girls, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Radiohead, Gomez, The Doors, Sneaker Pimps, Linkin Park, Nirvana, Ramones, Counting Crows, Lisa Loeb, Tom Waits, Beck, Ani Difranko, Cat Power, Portishead, and so many more i cant even express.

Lately I've mostly been listening to Regina haha...but I'm also partial to Fiona Apple, Dave Matthews Band, The Cranberries, Colin Hay, The Postal Service, Imogen Heap, Rilo Kiley, The Shins, and Cat Power.

I am an old guy who's removed the "Classic Radio" selection off my radio because if I hear Pink Floyd or Bob Seger one more time my head may implode.

Love the Red Hot Chili Peppers (saw them in Orlando last month, fantastic), Pearl Jam, Janes Addiction (I'm about 15 years behind on everything) but totally on Regina the last month and a half. Friends have given me some female vocalists they are fond of to "broaden my horizons".

Here's a few bands/singers that I like, but I'm probably forgetting a few of them... my memory really sucks!

Madeleine Peyroux, Aimee Mann, Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins, The White Stripes, Interpol, Camera Obscura, Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Cansei de ser Sexy...

There are more...