Sign in to follow this  
Musikel

"Educate Me, Ms. Spektor..."

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine Redneck:

Amazing. That Madeline Peyroux is one of the CD's I was given. Haven't listened yet

Which one? "Half the Perfect World", "Careless Love" or "Dreamland"? "Careless Love" is my favorite album, but one of my favorite songs ever is on "Half the Perfect World".

If you like Jazz/Blues, you're really gonna like her. Her voice really reminds me of Billie Holiday's. She's really great, I highly recommend!

Oh, yeah! I forgot to mention Nellie McKay on my previous post... how could I? ¬¬

I tend to only listen to music I haven't heard before... but there are some artists other than Regina who I keep listening to, and those are...

Neil Young, The Primatives, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Tom Petty, The Doors, Alice In Chains, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, and Ten Years After.

if you looked at my ipods most played songs you'd think i was such a feminist! haha...well i sorta am but not in the freaky she-woman man haters way. my top played are like fiona appe, ani difranko, cat power, janis, joni,indgo girls ,k.d.lange, k.t.tunstall, crannberries (i realize there are boys in this band but for me its all about the girl's voice), neko case. which, im not complainn i love all these women;s music to death and if im a feminist for it then too bad..hehe

my numba one played artst for 6 mnths now ...... drum role... regina bien sur! hs pretty much all ive listened to for those 6 mnths!

some artists (besides regina) I couldn't survive without:

Tori Amos

Bjork

Queens of the Stone Age

Nellie McKay

Metric

Sonic Youth

Mr. Bungle

The Beatles

Joan Osborne

PJ Harvey

That is a short list but those are the ones I would die without. That should give you an idea of what I like.

manic street preachers, prince, rainbow, the killers, haven, the beatles, public enemy, dio, black sabbath, regina spektor, the beastie boys, keane, the longcut, oasis, ocean colour scene, the jam, the beach boys, iron maiden, trivium, rush, asia, journey, arctic monkeys, muse, guns n roses, pearl jam, rage against the machine, nicky wire, james dean bradfield, the human league, frankie goes to hollywood, embrace, elvis presley, inxs, heart, the smiths, the gallows, happy mondays, red hot chili peppers, ac/dc, gillan, saxon, coldplay, deftones, linkin park, placebo, feeder, seafood, easyworld, king adora, ice cube, snoop doggy dog, house of pain, adam and the ants, gary numan, joy division, meat loaf, my chemical romance, green day, the who, travis, the verve, elton john, pink floyd, nirvana, the house of lords, joe jackson, enya, beverley craven, the chemical brothers, stevie wonder, dolly parton, mike flowers pops, army of lovers