Sign in to follow this  
Musikel

Whyn't You Help A Brother Out!?

Sunshine Redneck:

Hey man that talentless nonsense music may not be your cup of swamp juice, but there ARE some great talented people out there. Mind you I find modern Hip Hop and Rap, shall we say, hollow (read: I hate it) - there is still good stuff happening. Just not in the mainstream, as with pretty much every other genre of music/entertainment.

On a related note, on the way back from snowboarding this weekend we were listening to sattellite radio and a station called Backspin. It was so great. All classic hip hop, all the time. I'm talkin' early 80's / 70's stuff with some early 90's that didn't suck too.

sunshine redneck, I don't think you can listen to a few mainstream hip-hop songs and dismiss the entire genre as "talentless nonsense." Hip-hop is amazing; it's a fusion of jazz, soul, folk, etc etc.

quote:
Originally posted by PKDmaN:

Gulag Bordello...or whatever they're called.

Do you mean Gogol Bordello? They aren't hip hop however - more like Gypsy Punk. The name you wrote though reminds me of Gulag Orkestar, Beirut's first album, which is also Gypsy-ish since it's mostly Balkan music. Both bands are great and would be excellent with Regina. Neither are hip hop.

thank you pesh an answer i was looking for MOS DEF!, sunshine we're not badgering you but the mainstream rap music has put a bad rep on hip hop music. There is so much art and inner meanings in true hip-hop, hip hop is not lil jon, nas, mos def, talib kweli they're almost like poets, they might not be as powerful as regina when its comes to reaching in someones soul but hip hop is not what you hear on the radio these days just as you would compare regina to the music they play on your local station...but mos def can definitely "HELP A BROTHER OUT"