Sign in to follow this  
Eliana

um.. is regina anti vegan?

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

is regina anti-george bush? ive never heard anything about this subject.

She's probably not a rabid Bush-hater, but I don't think she supports him. This is from an interview with "Tweed Magazine":

quote:
Tweed: What was your reaction to the Us election last fall? Do you have a public position on George W. Bush or John Kerry? Did you protest for or against the re-election of the Bush administration?

Regina: I stayed up all night, dreading what I knew would happen... then it happened. and I wasn’t surprised.

I’d rather create positive art, or do something good—rather than protest. I think more energy goes into being mean to cops, than towards the actual cause... and I think the same type of people who run governments, lead protests. I don’t like masses, or mobs. Often, people who want protests are the type to become the oppressor as soon as they get their way.

Now, before you think I’m a total pacifist, I’m not, I’ve protested quite a bit in my life—and I know there are exceptions, like great world leaders and great protest leaders—but right now there’s not much for the pickin’ and this election did not feel right. This election nothing felt right, unfortunately...

Well before I answer I have to ask: does it really matter? Haha sorry I mean it doesn't though, dfferent people, different preferences and all that jazz.

Anyway, I'm fairly certain Regina isn't anti-vegan. I know she used to be vegetarian but then she got back off from the Strokes tour and ate a steak...that's the only quote I can remember about her eating choices.

i guess it shouldn't matter.. but, i wouldn't like it if someone that i really love and admire was against a philosophy i believe strongly in. if regina was anti christian, christians wouldn't really like that, would they?

I'm a christian and to tell you to truth when I first started listening to Regina (before I had any knowledge of her) I didn't really think she would be a religious person. I would be frightened if Regina was just like me because her uniqueness is what I like most about her.

regina is jewish. very jewish......if there were degrees of judism.hahalol....

one of my favourite quotes...

"happy passover, im so excited not to be a slave in egypt right now"

anyways... regina is religious, but i don't know if she is freakishy so, she stillcurses and sings about sex (i.e. not censored), and all that jazz.

Haha I love that...she's "very jewish." :P Anyway, like Regina said, she's lucky to have such a rich history!

I've never seen that Egypt quote before but its funny...I've got to remember that one!

i was reading another interview and as i read it i remembered this thread about her being anti vegan or whatever. so in case anyones still wondering lol... she isnt. or at least it doesnt seem like it from this.

Between mouthfuls of egg (sunny side up on rye), she says she used to be vegetarian, but touring with the Strokes, who existed on a diet of steaks and burgers, put paid to that. "I have a whole secret food side," she says. "Russian stuff: tongue sandwiches, herrings, sauerkraut soup." She promises to take us to Veselka, a 24-hour east-European deli, where we can sample New York's best stuffed cabbage.

On Regina's

turn ons

vegan(s)

giant plastic ice cream cones

America(ns)(NYC)

Judiasm

Religious tolerance

Soup

people sining along with her at concerts

the Simpsons

Wes Anderson films

TURN OFFS

President Bush.

a small, limited, and ignorant view of artistic and musical expression by the critical world.

Too many trivial and pointless questions about her personal life.

people taking flash photographs while she is playing concerts

driving

hmmm(she don't really mention what she does not like....in her songs or interviews.....guess she is just such a positive thinker)

as i compile this list i realize i may not be a perfect kindred spiritual match for Regina. (hate vegans plastice ice cream cones, love our Prez.)...oh well opposites attract.