Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PerksOfAWallflower

foreign singer kinda like regina..

75 posts in this topic

I bought one of her CDs a year or so ago (the one that's threaded together by one long note that lasts the entire album). She's definitely worth a listen. I don't think the musicianship runs as deep as with Regina, but there's definitely something interesting going on there, and a rather sexy voice...unless that's just because anyone singing in French sounds vaguely erotic? Wink

My favorite song of hers (thus far) is "Au Port."

moi aussi! i love "Au Port" and i don't think she's s good as regina either, but i think she's very creative.. (especially au port) and she is interessting herself as well... the thing that gets me with Camille is she doesn't do it all herself, one of the reason i don't like her as much as Regina is because Regina is the living end... she is the whole package, she writes sings and plays all of her own music... i mean the first time i saw a video of 'Poor litle rich boy' i was in awe of her talent! had to lift my chin off the floor... i mean that is pure talent... but Camille is very good... very good i think..

I found a Coralie Clement song in my iPod these days... don't know where it came from. Anyway, she's quite good!

i like Carla Bruni also! check out her song Rapheal... its kinda kewl..

but i really like Camille... she seems like the french equivalent of Bjork... very bizarre. i love her new album Le Fil.. PKDmaN its funny you used the exact word "threaded" because the name of the album is "the thread" you probly knew that but for those who did't kinda cool huh?! the whole album has a drone note undertoning the songs. she is pretty neat... i suggest checkin out her new album. ill try to put it on sendspace or something but im so computer ignorant i dont know how that'll work out!

not to be persnickity... because i don't think she (camille) is much of a comparison to regina....BUT

my friends and i have been talking and here's the similarities we've drawn!

music via camille and music via regina

1.) breakdown of words/ seperation of syllables

phrase: casque---tte bi---ke

song:'Janine 1' 'Just Like The Movies'

2.) unusual use of instruments

bangs on chast bangs on stool

like king kong with stick

'Au Port' 'Poor Little

Rich Boy'

3.) intense lyrics

'Pale Septembre' 'Blue Lips'

4.) improve noises with mouth

'Janine 3' 'All the Row Boats'

5.) Speak-sing style in certain songs

'Janine 1,2,3' 'One-String Blues'

6.) songs with repeatative phrasing

'Janine 1,2,3' 'That Time'

7.) mimicking objects noises

carousel broken record

'Vertige' 'Dance Athem of the 80's'

*i am only utilizing the 'Le Fil' album of camille so there are may repeating songs on this list, and i am very familiar with regina's music so i had more songs of hers to work with.

this was a fun little list... but i suppose you can compare any two artists... i just think maybe the simmilarities help me to gradually come of my 6 month regina fix.. frequent relapsing comforts me to know i will never be bored with regina!

Emmerrrrrrr likes this

Cool! I found out about Camille recently, I also noticed the similarities...I love "Au Port", it's my favourite...