Sign in to follow this  
PerksOfAWallflower

foreign singer kinda like regina..

quote:
Originally posted by Spektology:

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

What others do you like? I guess I should just have bought the album, Le Fil, huh?

Mooebon, maybe you can try "Les ex", which is very funny (the subject is ex girlfriends and jalousy).

You can listen to it here Smiler (a song from her first album "Le sac des filles").

If you want to discover Camille's abilities, I suggest you to check this live recording on french radio. Her gigs are amazing ! She's so extraordinary on stage ! Smiler You can also check this great website. There is an english speaking section. Don't hesitate to come to discover Camille and talk about her music.

Wow!!! Thanks so much!! I love Brumstix.

i pretty much ove all of camilles work but my favourites are:

on le fil:

la jeune fille aux cheveaux blancs

ta douleur

vous

baby carni bird

au port

pale septembre*

quand je marche*

and on le sac des filles:

1,2,3*

paris

mon petit vieux

le sac des filles

elle s'en va

I starred my three favourite favourites!

@mooebon- which expressions do you still say in french??

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

which french saying do you still use most?

Tu te rends compte? (as in, Do you realize what this means?)

quote:

i went to france this past summer. at that point i had passed french 4 with an A, but when i got there i felt like i knew nothing. this is my 5th year, and i plan on majoring in it in college. i would LOVE to study broad, and think that i will pretty much definatly do that! my french teacher went to college a few years in Nantes and loved it, so i think i will try it! as long as its not extremely expensive it will be cool. its been my dream ever since my first year of french (8th grade) to speak french fluently.

Oh, you are going to have such a great time. Vachement chouette! (I wonder if they still say, that, or is it outdated, like saying "groovy," lol). My school was a few hours south of Lyon, in a tiny town called Chambon-Sur-Lignon. I remember once some of us took a 2 day bike ride around the region, up the side of a mountain in the rain the first day(sleeping in a barn and having fresh cow's milk for breakfast) and then down the other side the next day, in the warm sun, stopping at a cherry orchard to have a snack of fresh, warm cherries. I wonder if that area is still so rural...

When I went, it took about a week for mail to cross the ocean, but Perks, you will probably be able to go to internet cafes and post on the Stix to let us know what you think. Smiler

Thanks for the song titles!!

quote:

Tu te rends compte? (as in, Do you realize what this means?)

wow, i never hear that one! thanks for the new phrase!

Oh, you are going to have such a great time. Vachement chouette! (I wonder if they still say, that, or is it outdated)

my friend just went to france and when she came back she had the most depressing news. people laughed at her when she said chouette. which is one of my favourite words!

i can't wait. i just really want to accomplish my dream. and i want to come back and speak with my french teacher in french.

that story is SO cool! it seems like the coolest thing. i would love to experience things like that.

of course i will still post on brumstix!

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

my friend just went to france and when she came back she had the most depressing news. people laughed at her when she said chouette. which is one of my favourite words!

Well, maybe by the time you get there, it will be back in fashion. Smiler They also used to say, "C'est extra!" What do they say now??

quote:
i can't wait. i just really want to accomplish my dream. and i want to come back and speak with my french teacher in french.

that story is SO cool! it seems like the coolest thing. i would love to experience things like that.

of course i will still post on brumstix!

I know you won't be disappointed. I look forward to reading all about it on le Stix.

Big Grin

Maybe you could try to listen to An Pierlé ! Smiler

She's a belgian female singer but she sings in english.

Her first album Mud stories is a piano-voice album, with powerfull and mysterious lyrics. I guess that some of you will appreciate it.

You can listen to God in a cage here and Tower here. Both are from this first album.

2882809mka9.jpg

Her last album has beautiful melodies and easier lyrics. (example : How does it feel)

She made a cover of a Dutronc (famous french singer) song. So awesome ! You can listen to it here.

quote:

Wow!!! Thanks so much!! I love Brumstix.

You're welcome Smiler

I wish my english was good enough to talk with people here about Regina's songs lyrics, which are so mysterious for me ! I'm really impressed by her talent.

Spektology, thanks for all the interesting links! I liked "How Does It Feel" much better than "God in a Cage."

I just downloaded that HUGE file of Camille's radio appearance and will start listening to it now. It's very exciting to acquire that, so merci beaucoup for sharing it with us. Smiler