Sign in to follow this  
PerksOfAWallflower

foreign singer kinda like regina..

ruggudist, i meant to ask you. there are some really cool songs on her camillemusic.com site that i've never heard. theyre right next to the picture that sings "un jour mon prince viendra". the one to the left is like "je passe partout les etats" (i have no idea, that is just my guess on what i could hear, im really bad at desiphering lyrics in french) and the one to the right that has a really cool piano "qui me soutien... bien bien bien....jamais discution" sorry thats all i could catch, i really hope you know which songs im talking about. do you happen to have those mp3s?

im really rooting for her album to be good, but the songs i heard didnt impress me too much, but come on..... this is camille, who i bet has a million and one tricks up her sleeve. so i bet it will be just as fantastique as the last two.

Hi Perks, the name of the one to the left is "Perle de verre". Camille used to begin her gigs with this song three years ago. That's the first song I heard live and it is a moving memory for me! The title of the other one is "Mistinguette".

Here's a sendspace of the mp3 files.

You're right: she says "Comme ces perles de verre, que l'on empile dans des tubes de terre. De l'argile des rivières, des galets de mer, tel est mon caractère. Et je passe par tous les états, je passe par tous les états, je passe par tous les états... et je rêve d'une longue carrière... dans la chanson. Une carrière de sable et de limon."

"Viens, tu seras mien, mets-y du tien, j'y mets du mien, j'connais le moyen pour te distraire, je t'appartiens, c'est comme un lien pour me plaire, viens, car moi j'y tiens, sois mon gardien si ça t'convient, sois mon soutien qui me soutienne d'un rien, ce petit mot, vraiment très court..." (If you want me to, I will try to transcript the remainder of the lyrics later, but it is not quite easy, even for a French guy: Some words are difficult to understand).

I totally agree: "Money note" (just a joke) and "Gospel with no lord" (I definitely don't like this song) are not impressive, but I think (I hope) some other songs will be very good (for example "The monk", "Home is where it hurts"...)

thank you thank you thank you!

these songs are both so cool. i will definitely buy the next album.

wow i can't believe those were the words! haha. i did study french listening excersizes today!

et oui, j'ai besoin d'une transcription,,, s'il ne vous derange pas.

You're welcome Smiler

"Viens, tu seras mien, mets-y du tien, j'y mets du mien, j'connais le moyen pour te distraire, je t'appartiens, c'est comme un lien pour me plaire. Viens, car moi j'y tiens, sois mon gardien si ça t'convient, sois mon soutien qui me soutienne d'un rien. Ce petit mot, vraiment très court vaut des discours, car en amour [???] tour à tour on dit toujours...Viens, viens, viens... Viens, ce mot n'est rien, mais il retient quand on l'dit bien. Pour les amants c'est le plus tendre moyen.

Depuis que nous nous connaissons, nous n'avons jamais de discussion. Quand je dis viens, tu n'hésites pas et vers moi tu cours à grands pas. Je ne peux pas vivre sans toi, tu ne peux pas vivre sans moi. Il faut savoir chéri, quand il faut, je n'ai qu'à prononcer ce mot...

Viens, tu seras mien, mets-y du tien, j'y mets du mien, j'connais le moyen pour te distraire, je t'appartiens, c'est comme un lien pour me plaire. Viens, car moi j'y tiens, sois mon gardien si ça t'convient, sois mon soutien qui me soutienne d'un rien. Ce petit mot, vraiment très court vaut des discours, car en amour [???] tour à tour on dit toujours...Viens, viens, viens... Viens, ce mot n'est rien, mais il retient quand on l'dit bien. Pour les amants c'est le plus tendre moyen."